The prints were drawn for steel roof. I like the look of shingles better and wanted to go with them.
Originally Posted by Martin Wasner
Also, does not mean my architect is correct. I'll look into further.
How's the progress Mr Stahl? I'm hoping things are going well, and if they aren't, misery loves company.
Things are finally looking up. Survived 57 MPH wind gusts yesterday afternoon and overnight with no damage.
I'm having landlord issues like you did, but I have to move. After 8-years at my current location, I was kicked-out to get someone else in. I was on a month to month lease. Landlord said I had to sign 1-year commitment or move. I didn't think he would be able to find a tenant that fast! Some people only care about money; so, have been moving machinery into a temporary storage location. It will probably only sit there a month or a little longer. It is just a real pain to deal with.
Looks like I'll have gas and electric installed in the beginning of February, and concrete right after that.
Had a kidney stone for the last 6-weeks. It just passed, so I am no-longer in pain everyday.
So, going as good as can be expected I guess.
I talked to a lawyer as soon as I was concerned about my renting situation. Might be something to look into. Obviously you want to part ways on good terms, but clearly he doesn't care about that already. Most leases are poorly written and a few hundred bucks paid to the lawyer to look it over and write a letter might be money well spent.
Killing me Greg. Updates and some pictures please.
Last month was extremely difficult. I did hire a lawyer and boy did I need him. I spent much of the time moving out, my machinery is now scattered across three locations in storage. No income now and have a large job we really need to get started on.
I'll go through pics and start posting some soon. After working hard all day, all I really want to do is sleep and watch TV when I get home. The cold takes a lot of energy out of a person.
I'm worried about getting the building done on time too, and we are way over budget. I'll still get the building to come in at a really low price though, I just may not be able to buy a new CNC machine right away as I am using my cash reserves.
If February is a good month, we may have concrete in the beginning of March. Much of that will depend on the trades getting their work done though. 3-weeks out for power and gas right now--the hold up has been me. Electric company recommended a prefabbed slab for the transformer with conduit built in--so will get a move on it now.
Going with 600-Amp service as of now. 800A requires more work--extra conduit in addition to more hardware. 600A seems to be a very common service and I think will be more than adequate for my small operation(though I have been drooling over large moulders and almost bought one recently).