Thread: drawer pull out stopper

drawer pull out stopper

Hi all.

I'm I a little bit of a dilemma.

I have a cabinet with a set of 5 drawers stacked on each other.

1) drawers are inset

2) drawers are wooden glide system (Dado in drawer side)

3) no dividers between drawers

Drawers fronts are all inset of the carcass with 3/32" gap around each drawer.

How can I make a drawer out stop? Pin method pushed out from inside of drawer won't work as tolerances are to tight.

Only think I can think of is drill/cut some sort of hole in back of drawer and attach a "leash from the back of drawer to back of cabinet.

Any opinions / ideas would be loved.

Thanks, Marcello

You could run a dado or a channel in the cabinet insides stopping short a few inches from coming out the face of the cabinet. Put a pin thru the inside side of drawer dropping into the new channel. The pin will catch at the end of channel as you pull drawer out....thereby stoping the drawer. Make sense?

Wow, tricky.... Your suggestion is a good one I think. My only other thought is that if the drawer sides are not the same height as the front, you might be able to put a stop on the side wall and then put something on the back that would catch on it (but that is a long shot). I have a couple of drawers like that (where the front face is taller than the rest of the drawer), but most are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    You could run a dado or a channel in the cabinet insides stopping short a few inches from coming out the face of the cabinet. Put a pin thru the inside side of drawer dropping into the new channel. The pin will catch at the end of channel as you pull drawer out....thereby stoping the drawer. Make sense?
    That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say. And if you need to get the drawer out, you open it up, pull the pin and it comes out. You could also do it with a dowel.