Thread: My Rockwell Sonicrafter

Blog Entries

My Rockwell Sonicrafter

is very sorry tool. It has no power and does not cut even white pine trim cleanly.

Does anybody have luck with theirs?

I have another brand. It is slow due to the extra fine teeth, but it does work ok.

John

Blog Entries
    I have one, it's been great.

I have a Harbor Freight. Works fine with a good blade. I don't use it much, however.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    We were remodeling a kitchen and dining area.

I had tried using the tool on my house and it would not cut white oak door trim.

In neither case, it failed miserably. I bought a Fein tool and it breezed through everything I used it on.

I normally don't buy off brand tools, but the name Rockwell fooled me.

I long for the days of Rockwell-Delta, but they are no more.

The Bosch corded units seem to be pretty good but if you've got the Fein.... that's all you'll need.

Got my first multimaster well before the other brands came out, guys on the job used to laugh when I pulled it out. They weren't laughing so much after they saw what it could do.

Biggest gripe I've ever had was the cost/longevity of the blades but at least now there are many more options to choose from other than Fein.

Great tool to have for remodeling projects, even something like removing caulk is 'almost' a treat.

Blog Entries
    Actually, my son absconded with the Fein, so I don't have it anymore. If I need another one, I will visit Amazon for a Fein.

I work with a small contractor from time to time.
    He had a Rockwell.
    It worked fine with a good blade.

It died and he replaced it with a Ridgid corded.<<<---Really nice tool...

My Harbor Freight one works fine with an Imperial blade.
    If/when my HF one dies, I'm going to look real close at a Ridgid.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I have a Harbor Freight. Works fine with a good blade. I don't use it much, however.

Mike
    I used my HF to replace every door in the house. Great for trim adjustments.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Have corded version has become very much my goto tool, lots of power clean accurate cuts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Aperahama View Post
    Have corded version has become very much my goto tool, lots of power clean accurate cuts.
    John, does it handle white oak?

As far as that goes, we had issues with white pine. Also, fir door trim is tough and stringy, mine does not handle it.

I have a corded PC and it has worked fine for cutting some oak door casing and jamb when I put porcelain tile in my bathroom remodel. I have also used it for trimming pocket hole plugs.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I used my Ryobi cordless to make cuts on a small piece of oak flooring, 3/4 thick so I could remove it to patch in a new piece. The blade was dull so it was slow going (with some smoke) but it did it. I know from other experience that my HF corded is smoother and more powerful. I am on my second HF but at what they cost and everything I did with the first one, I am satisfied.