Thread: Festool domino adapters for DF700

Festool domino adapters for DF700

I have a domino 500 and am thinking to get DF700 instead. I know of Seneca adapters for 700 which allow you to use smaller (like 6mm) cutters from 500 on the 700.
    How well these work? in particular how do you adjust the depth of cut and width of cut to get a tight fit like a mortis cut with a 500 for, say a 6mm domino?
    Will I miss anything in terms of what can be done with 500 that I will not be able to do with 700?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    I have a domino 500 and am thinking to get DF700 instead. I know of Seneca adapters for 700 which allow you to use smaller (like 6mm) cutters from 500 on the 700.
    How well these work? in particular how do you adjust the depth of cut and width of cut to get a tight fit like a mortis cut with a 500 for, say a 6mm domino?
    Will I miss anything in terms of what can be done with 500 that I will not be able to do with 700?

TIA
    That "half inch shy" guy on YouTube has a video comparing the two and goes over everything that you just asked In the post. I'd post a link but I'm not sure how to do it. He also has another one on the Seneca adapters, how they work, and how to make the adjustments. They are easy to find, he has a bunch on the Domino, I found them easier to understand then reading all the posts.....YMMV

Thanks for the suggestion, found the video and it does help in answering the questions. Seems the only bit not usable will be 4mm, correct?
    It didn't say that but is the width of slot cut a tight fit for 5 and 6mm dominos?

I'm not sure on that one. Somebody will chime in soon enough on that.

Thanks for the suggestion, found the video and it does help in answering the questions. Seems the only bit not usable will be 4mm, correct?
    It didn't say that but is the width of slot cut a tight fit for 5 and 6mm dominos?
    The 4mm bit won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    The 4mm bit won't work.
    4mm bit works on 700. Set the plunge depth to 20mm, you will get a 10mm deep hole, perfect for 4 x 20 domino.

what about the width of the slots? will they be tight for the smaller dominos?

what about the width of the slots? will they be tight for the smaller dominos?
    Yes. That is the beauty of Seneca RTS 500 adapter. Check the description at seneca website http://www.senecawoodworking.com/pro...-festool-df700.

great, thanks!