Thread: Uploading of photos broke during the update

Uploading of photos broke during the update

I was creating a thread on the Neanderthal Forum, happily uploading photos, when suddenly the upload stopped working. No error message, just no photo appeared in the post. Then, the site went down for about a half hour. When it came back, I still was unable to upload photos. I went into "Manage attachments" and the same thing pattern repeated. I tried starting all over with a new post, and now I can't upload any photos at all. (Remember, they were uploading just fine before the recent down-time, so it's not an issue with file size or format.)

Any ideas what's up?
    Last edited by Phil Stone; 02-22-2016 at 7:57 PM.

I'm having the same problem. Help?
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Blog Entries
    Check to insure that you are logged in. I just uploaded a photo so it is working for me.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-22-2016 at 8:05 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Our new server is now online, it might take some time to get the bugs worked out. Aaron is here in my office going through the problems, we hope to have things back up to speed shortly.

Please send a Private Message to Aaron Koehl if you find anything that is not working.

Thanks for the heads up guys, the picture upload is now working.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-22-2016 at 8:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have been able to upload images recently.

The big problem seems to be all the images from older posts seem to be lost if they were not from outside sources.

Now many old posts with pictures look like this:

Screen shot 2016-02-27 at 11.01.38 AM.png

Clicking the attachment leads to a page where it says to get in touch with the Admin.

Been there done that, hope it can be fixed.

I tried creating a post with an attachment and then changing it to the old attachment number. That didn't work.

Hope things can be saved.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Aaron Koehl has reported that this problem has been corrected.
    Please let us know if anyone is still having a problem with file attachments.

I spoke to soon. Aaron is still working on the issue that involves missing archived photos, I'll post again when its resolved.

Short story: The problem is due to a bug in the forum software's recent update from vBulletin. I have restored the archived files. Though more work will need to be done (naturally!), let me know if you notice the problem recurs.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

My uploads are failing -- both as file attachments and as picture attachments. No explanation. I just upgraded (we'll see) to Windows 10 so the bug could be on my side. Thanks, sh

Skip, what are the size of your files? Be sure they meet the limits set in the upload window. That is the most common reason for file upload failure.

Let's see if it will work for me.

cr1.jpg
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Too large. I shrank them down and they loaded. Thanks, sh