Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passing of Harry L. Strasil, Jr.

Blog Entries
    RIP Harry. You are missed
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Dave, thanks for posting this. RIP Harry, thanks for sharing so much knowledge here.

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Harry was a wealth of real knowledge and shared it eagerly. Thanks Harry! RIP.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

4. Sorry to hear this. RIP Harry, and thanks for all the help over the years.

Maybe the mods can print out this thread and forward to Harry's family to let them know how highly we regarded him.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

I am particularly sorry to hear of Junior's passing. We had many fine phone conversations although because of geography we never got to meet in person. He was both a true gentleman and a distinguished member of this forum. His last years were fraught with physical issues but he chose not to reveal them and rather to carry on. He was the epitome of class.

For those who are interested, an archive search for his Apprentice series will produce some fine reading as will many other threads he initiated.

Rest in peace my friend.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
    ― Henry Ford

Very sad to hear. I will, too, have a couple of his holdfasts. In our transaction at the time, he demonstrated one more he was a class act (a mistake on my part that he could have fairly profited from, and yet chose not to). They will be cherished even more.

RIP, Jr.

My condolences to the family and friends of Harry. His posts were always interesting.
    Vortex! What Vortex?