Thread: Light Meter app for iPhone

Light Meter app for iPhone

I'm looking for a lightmeter app that gives
    readings in FootCandles for an iPhone

Blog Entries
    I would love one of those too. It looks like most apps are for use as a camera light meter with aperture settings, rather than use for measuring room lighting intensity. I have another group where I will post the question.
    NOW you tell me...

About 215,000 results (0.53 seconds)

Search Results

LightMeter by whitegoods on the App Store - iTunes - Apple

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lightmeter-by.../id501638921?mt=8

Rating: 2 - ‎18 reviews - ‎Free - ‎iOS
    Jun 27, 2012 - Download LightMeter by whitegoods and enjoy it on your iPhone, ... The App can be set to display foot candles and it will allow users to get an ...
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

thanks the 2 I downloaded didn't give measurements in FC

Blog Entries
    Yes, go to your app store on your phone and search for "lightmeter". It is $1.99. It has buttons for front or rear camera, and for Lux or FC. Push the big (sun) button for a one time measurement. Hold it down to enable realtime measurement. Another button for indoor or outdoor. Thanks for asking, now I have it on my phone. Going to run down to my shop for some measurements.
    NOW you tell me...

I use one called Lux Light Meter by Aexol. Despite the name it can give readings in fc.

Depending upon the spectrum of the source it can read either higher or lower than my vintage Weston Model 614. Most of the time they agree within +/-30% or so.

Unlike the one Ole found this one won't do continuous measurements; you have to hit the button each time you want a reading.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.