Thread: Was SMC down because of the severe weather?

Was SMC down because of the severe weather?

I noticed that all of a sudden last evening that SMC was down. I got a "server stopped responding" message when I tried to come online on the forum. It was down as well early this morning, and I just tried again and got on.

I know we had some severe weather in the eastern part of Virginia, and according to news reports 4 dead in the wake of the storms.......just wondered about any damage to SMC or any of the Creeker family in the wake of the storms? Hope everyone is okay!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post

Thanks Ken........I had not seen that, but felt like something did happen.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

With the exception of lots of water in the yard that is now almost gone there wasn't any damage. The worst part was spending the night in the dark with no heat but the temperature was probably in the low 40's so that wasn't too bad. There was a tornado that hit Waverly Virginia that killed four people and did a lot of damage to the area. Waverly is towards the middle of the state and we are located on the east side right on the coastline. There was local weather forecast that predicted the possibility of tornados in our area but thankfully it didn't happen. We lost one of our schools a few years ago in our County, the damage was horrible but no one was hurt except the taxpayers pocket books having to build a new school.

We're in good shape now, got the new server online and working on the upgrade for vBulletin which should be complete in a few days.