Thread: Question on orientation of uploaded pictures

Question on orientation of uploaded pictures

Today I was uploading numerous pictures relating to a build and when ever I would upload a picture that was taller than wide, it would be automatically flipped sideways. Is this an automatic function of the website software( to always show pictures with largest dimension as the horizontal)??
    Is there a way I could have changed this??

Thanks,
    Jim

Not sure what your problem is Jim.... just uploaded some pictures in a post in Woodworking Projects under the title Jewelry Box and 2 of them are taller than they are wide and all are in the proper orientation....

Thanks Barry. I tried leaving them the way they were before uploading....didn't work. Then I tried rotating them in the file on my computer before uploading....still didn't work. Must be some setting or something on my end.

Jim, my guess is that your images have something attached to them called Metadata, which is nothing more than your camera settings when you took the photo. I advise making a copy of the images you wish to upload, then remove the metadata from the copies. This will not hurt the image and you should not have any further problems uploading. If you need assist in how to remove the metadata, let me know.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!