Thread: wireless speakers

wireless speakers

my desktop computer speaker died the other day and I'm looking to replace them with wireless speakers. Since I watch all my tv and listen to all my music over the internet I like something that sounds pretty good but won't bust the bank which is almost empty right now. Any one have some decent sounding wireless speakers that don't cost a fortune
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I bought the older version of this for my wife a couple years ago and it sounds better than i expected.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-P...tooth+speakers
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

How does this connect to a PC

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale View Post
    I bought the older version of this for my wife a couple years ago and it sounds better than i expected.

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bluetooth, If your pc doesn't have BT you can get a USB Bluetooth adapter pretty cheap.

From the description...

Connects via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm stereo cable (not included)
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

I just got a Polaris V8 bluetooth speaker for the kitchen. Compact, unobtrusive, sounds pretty good. Connects via bluetooth or 3.5mm cable, this one also has an FM radio and a microsd slot. Rechargeable with micro USB cable and a phone style charger and/or just leave it plugged in.

I think pretty good for $50, the radio is a plus.
    Kevin Groenke
    @personmakeobject on instagram
    Fabrication Director,UMN College of Design (retired!)

Bert, "almost empty" and "cost a fortune" are relative. I am extremely happy with this Bose speaker. I've been using it in the shop for over 3 years now, on a small shelf about 7' high. For sound quality there is NO comparison to other speakers I have, for example the Creative 100. You almost have to hear it to believe it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090Z3SPU

This speaker has amazing bass for it's size, the highs are crisp and clear. The overall fidelity is excellent - visitors can't believe the music is all coming from that little speaker! It is loud enough to fill the shop with sound - it can actually be painfully loud if I crank it up. Has Aux wired input, bluetooth. Has rechargeable batteries for portability but I use it plugged into the wall.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale View Post

I have a Jensen very similar to that. They're only about 6" long, but the sound will surprise you.
    VERY simple to discover and link to using Blue tooth. You can also plug an earphone patch cable into anything that will drive it. My wife uses it to play her dance music, using her phone or a Walkman type CD player.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Out of production and none listed as available.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Out of production and none listed as available.
    Yikes, I see, just used available. I hope mine outlasts me.

JKJ

I use a FM transmitter from Walmart. It's in the automotive section, and cost about $14 in our market. Plugs into head phone jack on computer. This way, I can use any FM device to listen to music. My "work tunes" hearing protectors has FM receiver built in, so when running equipment, I can still hear the music which is playing over my stereo in shop. Less than $15 total out of my pocket for music.

Thanks for all the replies think I'm going to try these I'll let you know how they work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Groenke View Post
    I just got a Polaris V8 bluetooth speaker for the kitchen. Compact, unobtrusive, sounds pretty good. Connects via bluetooth or 3.5mm cable, this one also has an FM radio and a microsd slot. Rechargeable with micro USB cable and a phone style charger and/or just leave it plugged in.

I think pretty good for $50, the radio is a plus.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

UP DATE
    I went with the speakers I indicated. Their small but the sound is ok for the size.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander