Thread: Carving Club Project

Lower Onslow NS, about half way between the the North Pole and the Equator

Carving Club Project

Hi All
    The carving club ( Truro Carver)I am a member of is working on making a carved quilt which when finished will be displayed at various locations around town, to promote our club and attract new members . I am attaching a few pics of the quilt blocks that have been finished.When finished the quilt will be two feet by three feet, every member was asked to one block of the quilt.We are hoping to have the finished project complete before mid May.
    Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is an awesome idea. Those blocks are nice. Will be watching for more photos on this. Thanks for showing.

A great idea, someone was thinking way outside the box.

Hi Keith
    I can't take all the credit for this carved quilt idea, I saw pics of other clubs that have made one. It just seamed the right move to get our club recognized, our club has been rn existence for more then twenty under one name or another, first club was strictly wild life carving, out new name is Truro Carvers, this lets us carve any thing in any material,if you attended a meeting you can see where the wild life carvers sit together and other carvers are mixed in where they sit. Our goal with this quilt is to attract new people who want to learn to carve subjects of their choice to join our club, by running an ad on the internet with some pics of carving that our members have made has worked quite well this year,September to May, we are pleased to have recruited seven new carvers.
    I will post some more pics as we near our completion date.
    Bruce

Hi Ray
    Thanks for looking in, I will be posting more pics next Wednesday, as our club meets on Tuesday evenings
    Bruce