Thread: Cocobolo 009 out the door

Cocobolo 009 out the door

Here is a quick overview of what went into the latest build that just went home today.

https://goo.gl/photos/ZHEyWnHjHbxt2SXu5
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Very nice work!

Thanks for sharing! I had no idea how many specialized steps went into making a guitar.

Wow - that's awesome!! I am super impressed by the clamping jig using bendable rods with the yellow rubber tips. I am not a guitar builder, although my business is getting me involved (google Dichrolam + guitar, and you will see - my laminates are in PRS, Martin and Jens Ritter guitars for purfling and inlays), so tell me - is that a common method among luthiers to clamp pcs down inside a space where clamps would be too unwieldy, or is that your idea?

Really amazing work - I thought it was cocobolo veneer til I saw the edge work. I assume veneer for the bent laminated body wrap (not sure what the term is for the profile of the acoustic body).

Is that Paua shell inlay material, or abalone? Do you laser cut that or by hand?
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Yeah that is called a go bar deck. I am far from the designer. But it is awesome. As far as the shell goes I bought that precut. I like working with wood inlays. My laser does not like cutting pearl.

Looks like that Dichrolam looks pretty cool. You make that stuff ?
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Go bars and go bar decks were used hundreds of years ago by harpsichord makers.I used them in our harpsichord and violin making movie in 1974.

I have made my whole shop into a go bar deck. I use bars about 7' long from ceiling to bench tops.

wow wow wow nice work !

Thanks, Anthony! No need to go elsewhere when I need a step-by-step pictorial for building an acoustic. Someday, I will...
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Scira View Post
    Yeah that is called a go bar deck. I am far from the designer. But it is awesome. As far as the shell goes I bought that precut. I like working with wood inlays. My laser does not like cutting pearl.

Looks like that Dichrolam looks pretty cool. You make that stuff ?
    I learned alot jus now about Gobar decks. need to do that under my main beam in my shop. Yes, I invented / make Dichrolam. Can't tell you about it due to forum rules, but if you are a contributor (for as little as 6 bucks a year) you can access the Lumber yard forum to learn all about Dichrolam and samples.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.