Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help

need help

Hi ,I have a 50 watt blue and white laser.I was running a project and the tube quit firing right in the middle of it.I used the pulse button,nothing.It sounds like everything is running but no tube action.I don't imagine there is any type of reset or inline fuse?I imagine it's the tube or PS.I don't have any idea where to start,I'm a drywaller no an electrician. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ron check your door safety switches, check the water flow valve . Also maybe on the power supply theres a by pass button that will fire the laser that will tell you if the tube is working. Check all your wires make sure nothing is loose. There might be some fuses on the circut board check them.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert how do I check the water valve? Forgot to add its a Chinese laser no door safety .

locate the flow valve if its pumping water its probably ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Heiden View Post
    Bert how do I check the water valve? Forgot to add its a Chinese laser no door safety .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well the flow valve seems to be ok.I did find a power supply looks to be the same thing but is listed as a 40 watt not a 50watt as advertised in the sale brochure of this one.
    From what ive seen on the forums the blue and white 50 watt is not that.Bert ive seen somewhere the length of a so called Chinese 50 watt
    100mm is that it and a true 50 watt is something like 111 mm?Im happy with it the way it was prior to breaking down,so im going to buy
    the parts that are in here already.I guess ill start with a power supply.Ive looked an Alibaba? gonna try to stay away from there.Any other
    reccomendations as to where to buy chienese laser parts?

Have you checked for loose connections, and is water flowing and yes Chinese lasers most that go through customs and FDA certifications have door switches. I am curious as to why you purchased a laser with no support and your not a electrician or electronics person. I have nothing against drywall finishers, but maybe you can find a electrician you can trade work with to help fix your machine?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

water seems to be ok. Checked all connections they seem to be fine. Well I bought it off ebay from California, and before it was even delivered I was having trouble
    with the seller.I emailed him earlier today,but realistically Im not expecting a response.Live and learn. Yes, I have a friend in town here that is an electrician but, I would rather
    not bother him if I can help it. From what Ive seen in the posts its usually the ps or the tube.

I would look at Rabbit Laser USA website they have all kinds of parts for Chinese lasers, also Lightobjects will have parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Heiden View Post
    water seems to be ok. Checked all connections they seem to be fine. Well I bought it off ebay from California, and before it was even delivered I was having trouble
    with the seller.I emailed him earlier today,but realistically Im not expecting a response.Live and learn. Yes, I have a friend in town here that is an electrician but, I would rather
    not bother him if I can help it. From what Ive seen in the posts its usually the ps or the tube.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Ron,
    On my Chinese laser there are a number of fuses scattered around the machine. There are a few in the plugs for the power cables, there are a few on the various circuit boards, etc. You may need to get a flashlight and perhaps a small mirror to look, but those are some other simple things to check.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Thank you very much, Dave

+1 for Lightobjects dot com. Quick service and decent prices for Chinese laser parts.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Hi Ron: Also when checking the water flow check that there is no broken glass in the tube, Mine broke where the tube of glass came from the inner tube to the exit tube. Water flowed but not where it was needed to fire the laser. Something to add to the list. Also check for a circuit breaker at the back it may have shut down due to heat in the electrics. Hope all gets fixed soon. Bill

Google how to check a laser power supply.

I found a fuse that was good that runs the whole machine. Everything works but doesn't fire. I started it up and when I shut it
    down sometimes I can hear kind of a growl noise when the fan is stopping. Thats why Im leaning towards ps. As far as I can tell the tube
    looks fine. I do appreciate the help. Dave, just out of curiosity you said you have a Chinese laser. Do you have magnets or safety devices
    on any of the doors?

Well, thanks for all the help. Seems to me that its probably the ps since when I shut it off sometimes
    it makes kind of a growling noise. I cant see any cracks in the tube. I found one fuse and that's good. I appreciate the advice on the web sites for parts.
    prices weren't as bad as I expected. Dave you mentioned you have a Chinese laser also? Just out of curiosity do you
    have any magnets or any type of safety devices on any of the doors on yours?