Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help

bought a 60 watt laser when I recieved the packaged hooked everything up. Then I looked at the 24 volt lower supply to make sure it was on 110 then everything worked and shut off I went through the machine turns out the 24v power pack was on 220 they had the directions wrong. Anyway my question is can I just replace the power supply or is all the electrical components toast?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Heiden View Post
    I found a fuse that was good that runs the whole machine. Everything works but doesn't fire. I started it up and when I shut it
    down sometimes I can hear kind of a growl noise when the fan is stopping. Thats why Im leaning towards ps. As far as I can tell the tube
    looks fine. I do appreciate the help. Dave, just out of curiosity you said you have a Chinese laser. Do you have magnets or safety devices
    on any of the doors?
    There are a lot of users with Chinese lasers on here, the only way to find out if yours has switches is look for them. Every Chinese machine is not built the same. You need to invest in a decent VOM meter and start checking. Your supplier should have a wiring diagram or perhaps there is one on the machine? If you just want to start replacing parts it will soon get expensive. I have been in the electrical / electronics and related fields since 1962.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Nope. They seem to assume I can resist the urge to place my head on the table while it is firing. <grin>

Blog Entries
    A silly thought u may already have looked at. Is there a key on the unit? If yes turn it. Your laser tube will be unpowered otherwise but the unit will take jobs and run as if it were. That is a handy tool by the way.