Thread: BBQ Cart

BBQ Cart

Just finished this BBQ cart with the rule being to use only the wood and materials I had lying around. The top and bottom shelf are made from old deck railings. The frame was made from old fence build cut offs. The handle is PVC pipe with a dowel inside it. The wood was cleaned up a little bit, but nothing too fancy. It was finished with a couple coats of left over water proofer. Glue, pocket screws, and brad nail construction. The hooks and casters came from the store. It is sized to be the same height as the shelf on my Weber BBQ.
    Compressed 2.jpgCompressed 1.jpg

It looks very solid, Pete, and useful. Do you plan to store it under shelter when not in use ? Nice work.

Nice! I may need one of those to go with the smoker I got for my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    It looks very solid, Pete, and useful. Do you plan to store it under shelter when not in use ? Nice work.
    Funny thing. The plan was just to put it outside. Now that it has been raining here (finally) quite a bit, I have been keeping it in the garage, where space is at a premium. Even though it is all redwood, I may buy a cover for it.

Cool cart. It is enjoyable to just use what you have on hand to make something useful. It isn't easy either a lot of compromise in doing it.
    Jim

Nice job. I did the same thing using scrap from a cedar deck build a few years ago. I got a great deal of satisfaction being able to use what would otherwise have been thrown away or burned.

Sharp solves all manner of problems.