Thread: Jet 2 hp cyclone dust collector

Jet 2 hp cyclone dust collector

I have been looking into an upgrade to my central dust collection system which is a jet dc 1100 piped to 5 machines in a small (800) square foot shop. I have had good luck with the jet but would like a bit more suction and to do away with the bag empetying. Just wonder if anyone has the newer jet cyclone and can give me any feedback on it's performance.

It will probably work for you. But for only a hundred bucks more, I'd go for the Oneida V2000. The Jet is a short-cone design, so it extracts less dust in the cyclone and puts more dust in the filter. That's why the filter has that hand-operated beater.

Agreed with Jamie. It wouldnt be enough of an upgrade IMO to spend the money going from an older Jet to a newer one like say from the 1100 to the 1200. Not to mention the filtration and lack or second stage cyclone is a huge necessary upgrade IMO. Id recommend saving your pennies and picking up at the least an Oneida V-2000 too. Or step it up to the V-3000. With either of those youll be glad you did.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    I was holding off but, will chime in as well. The short cone format (Jet, Laguna, JDS) machines don't seem to review real well. Poor separation, and all the ills that come with it, seems to be the challenge.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Like most things air-suction/DC related, long and gentle seems to reign king. For example, if you need to go from 6" pipe to 5" pipe, you'll want to taper that transition over as long a piece of pipe as you can muster. This is no different with the cyclone taper/cone. You give up something reducing the height. So if you can handle the normal heights, I'd go that way. If you can't, then this is a reasonable upgrade...perhaps....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Does anyone here have the jet cyclone and can give some first hand information on its performance

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I was holding off but, will chime in as well. The short cone format (Jet, Laguna, JDS) machines don't seem to review real well. Poor separation, and all the ills that come with it, seems to be the challenge.
    Don't know how they review, but my JDS 3 HP separated surprisingly well; at least as well as my current Grizzly.

First of three videos in the review. Seen both Jet and Laguna in-person and I believe it's the same unit.

My question is why is there so much fines in the plastic bag in that video

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    My question is why is there so much fines in the plastic bag in that video
    At the bottom of the filter? Thats the stuff thats falling off the inside of the filter and not going back into the shop. There should be fine dust in there and all two stage dust collectors that I have seen have some sort of catch at the bottom of the filter like that to capture it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I get almost no material in the catch pan of my filter off my Oneida 2hp Commercial. (like the Gorilla, but white instead of yellow)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...