Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting spammed by some idiot Larry Kirk @ amazing woodworking plans

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    2mb of text will work better. That way they'll get it without having to open an attachment. Maybe Pi to several million places.
    Here it is to 10 million, but don't open it. It'll take a while for you to get it. pi.karmona.com/
    i like that. i sent the idiot about 100megs of pdfs the other day while watching a mindane show. ill try that on the next volley

Blog Entries
    2mb of text will work better. That way they'll get it without having to open an attachment. Maybe Pi to several million places.
    Here it is to 10 million, but don't open it. It'll take a while for you to get it. pi.karmona.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ashton View Post
    i like that. i sent the idiot about 100megs of pdfs the other day while watching a mindane show. ill try that on the next volley
    This is unlikely to do much of anything. The inbox is guaranteed to be set up with a limit I use 10MB on my addresses known to get a lot of junk. Once the 10MB fills up, it simply disposes of all other incoming mail. The guy could have set it to 1kB for all it matters... he is not actually paying attention to any incoming mail.

All you are doing is racking up bandwidth on your own ISP account.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

You do realize that makes you a spammer now, right?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Why encourage him by trying to annoy him? Maybe you need a better email client. What are you using? Are you reporting the trash as spam? What did you get into?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    That doesn't concern me one bit.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

This is unlikely to do much of anything. The inbox is guaranteed to be set up with a limit I use 10MB on my addresses known to get a lot of junk. Once the 10MB fills up, it simply disposes of all other incoming mail. The guy could have set it to 1kB for all it matters... he is not actually paying attention to any incoming mail.

Then what I have done is effective in that if I fill his mailbox with 10megs of garbage, it then starts rejecting all other incoming mail. Scumbag kirk is trying to sell rubbish and the email is the only way to contact him. He's going to have to check it fairly regularly but will find it's full of the same sort of garbage he's selling.
    Last edited by Brian Ashton; 03-23-2016 at 10:30 PM.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Actually it's not. He initiated the dialogue, which would mean he's inviting responses; which mine are in kind.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Actually it's not. He initiated the dialogue, which would mean he's inviting responses; which mine are in kind.
    Actually, as far as your ISP is concerned, you are. It's a good way to get your own account blacklisted.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Actually, as far as your ISP is concerned, you are. It's a good way to get your own account blacklisted.
    Have you ever tried to complain let alone get someone on any isp blacklist. Good luck. No one cares.

Blog Entries
    That doesn't concern me one bit.
    I reordered these quotes a bit for effect. It's not a big deal for most... but if you decide to use this technique on a lot of spammers, your ISP WILL take notice.

Then what I have done is effective in that if I fill his mailbox with 10megs of garbage, it then starts rejecting all other incoming mail. Scumbag kirk is trying to sell rubbish and the email is the only way to contact him. He's going to have to check it fairly regularly but will find it's full of the same sort of garbage he's selling.
    No. You've sent 10MB of junk to an account that was never designed to be useful in the first place. That account was likely filled with responses long before you ever got there. It never empties, and no one ever reads what comes into it. You have wasted your time and had zero effect on the spammer.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I reordered these quotes a bit for effect. It's not a big deal for most... but if you decide to use this technique on a lot of spammers, your ISP WILL take notice.

No. You've sent 10MB of junk to an account that was never designed to be useful in the first place. That account was likely filled with responses long before you ever got there. It never empties, and no one ever reads what comes into it. You have wasted your time and had zero effect on the spammer.

One way to find out would be to send an email inquiring about the product and see if you get a response, then you would know if the mail gets to the inbox and if it gets read.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Reading the "How it works" would help to understand "How it works".
    http://www.spamitback.com/

Some of the Features:

• Ability to select which spammers to send a message to, and deliver in round-robin fashion
    • Ability to send multiple (yet unique) messages to the same spammer through simultaneous connections
    • Ensure your message is delivered by choosing what browser you wish to emulate.
    • Activate counter-detection measures to bypass any filters spammers may have deployed on their website. (Similar tactics spammers use to bypass your e-mail filters).
    • Send e-mail directly to spammers mailboxes when discovered. (Software uses a built-in SMTP server, which means you don't actually need an e-mail account to send mail to the spammer. It does not send e-mail through your account, but rather connects directly with the spammers mail server. Similar tactics they use to send out spam).
    • See the amount of data being transferred, number of packages sent, and more.
    • Ability to get automatic updates from within the software, plus submitting your score online.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I just got a Google group invitation from this bozo. It came from a no-reply address. I tried to block the group or something but couldn't. Can we report the group as spam to google?

Sure. Can't hurt anything.

Or you could forward them to the ftc (as they request you to do) ......

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...6panel1-5#crnt