Thread: New Fiskars Hammer

New Fiskars Hammer

Noticed today that Fiskars is in the Hammer business.
    Have no idea how their plastic looking handles on the hatchet holds up to use but campers just love them and give high ratings.
    Has anyone used their new ISOCore Hammers?

http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Hom...-Tools/Hammers
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    I think I will stay with my Bluegrass hammers.

I bet many of you don't know about Bluegrass. I have a Bluegrass chisel as well.

If I was framing houses, I would want one.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 03-21-2016 at 7:43 AM.

That club hammer would make for an interesting chisel hammer with heavy duty japanese chisels. I might give it a try.
    http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Hom...Club-Hammer-11

Yes,Blue Grass was a standard hardware source for hardware stores back in the 60's. Probably earlier,too. I can't recall by now. I don't know when they stopped.

I know when they stopped, way too soon! I remember the brand when I was growing up, used a hammer or two and thinking I liked how it performed.

Good design, well made, great value. I still miss them just like I miss hardware stores and USA made files.

Blog Entries
    I inherited my Blue Grass hammers from my daddy. He did buy them from a lumber/hardware store in the 60's.

I did the bulk of my bridge carpentry with a 20 oz Plumb with a long (wooden) handle. The old carpenter that took me under his wing and taught me bridge carpentry used a Blue Grass but borrowed my Plumb from time to time for specific long-reach tasks and then declare afterword that it was too long. Then borrow it again in a week or so. He is the only guy that I knew that wore the old Union brand (blue and white striped) carpenter's bib overalls with the built in nail pouches and was very definitely East Texas country. I learned a whole lot from Bud.
    David

still using the same Estwing 28 oz. waffle faced framing hammer I've been using for the last 20 years or so.
    Can't come with a reason to change. Even the rubber handle on those things is indestructible

We had a Blue Grass hardware store were we live up until the late 70's. It was nice to be able to walk down town and pick up a tool or some nails, and be able to get back to work in a short amount of time. We still have pry bars and hammers by Blue Grass. I still have an old $2.00 hammer from Western Auto that was pretty good too.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

I have heard the Blue Grass brand mentioned before, but I find it hard to believe anything except Nostalgia could justify the $80-$100 they list for on the auction site.