Thread: Ultimate Dust Deputy - Do you like yours?

Ultimate Dust Deputy - Do you like yours?

For owners of the Ultimate Dust Deputy, are you guys still happy with it? I have a CT22 and the boom so wanting to add the UDD to that setup. Any opinions on just that setup? Not really looking for opinions of green koolaid or their vac or their boom LOL - that damage is done and forgotten It has been a pretty fortunate month of Longworth chuck sales so thinking of spending some profits on that UDD.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

It is nice to have the separation.
    Cons: the connection between separator and vacuum tends to come loose occasionally when moving it around the shop.
    Also, the separator does add to the height of the vac quite a bit, so not great if you want to tuck this under (anything).

Matt

I have had my UDD for 5 years or so and love it! My CT22 it sits on doesn't travel more than a couple of feet a year though so mobility is not an issue for me. It also has the boom arm on it.

Jack

Short answer yes, thrilled!! Beats buying expensive bags for the CT
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I have an older "we don't make bags for 'em anymore" CT-11e for my F vacuum so this little baby was a bit of a necessity unless I wanted to get into the vacuum bag making business. No more bags to worry about...and this holds more dust anyway so I can go longer between emptying. Worth it in my book. Bad if you like stacking systainers on top of your vacuum, however.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Got my order placed for it. Looking forward to it.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Bumping an old thread on the UDD as I wasnt sure where else to put this. FestoolProducts.com is having a sale on the Ultimate Dust Deputy right now for $40 off with free shipping and no tax for most bringing it to the lowest price Ive ever seen the latest version to $209. LINK
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Even on sale I find the price ridiculous. Considering that a bare DD with a standard 5 gallon bucket is well below $100, what can justify that price? Is it just more green koolaid?
    Mike

You've got to be kidding me... I literally just bought a UDD from the ToolNut 2 days ago for $249. That's just the way things go for me...
    Dave.