Thread: Custom night stand with drawer

Custom night stand with drawer

The wife wanted special custom made night stands with tapered legs for our spare bedroom. They had to be a certain size to fit between the headboard and the wall.

I made 2 of them out of walnut and stained them dark polyshades.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Greg, that's beautiful! I especially like the profile on the top, combined with the molding underneath it.
    Fred

Great work! I love the design and the moulding makes the piece pop!

Very nice. Never seen a drawer built quite like that. Was that your idea?

Any pictures after finishing?

John

My wife liked the ones I made for the spare bedroom so much she later asked me to make 2 more custom ones for the master bedroom. Same design just larger with bigger drawers. Here are some pictures I took of the larger nightstands. All the joinery is mortis and tennon.
    Night stand Master bedroom.jpgNight stand Master bedroom1 .jpgNight stand Master bedroom2 .jpgNight stand Master bedroom3 .jpg
    Last edited by Gregory Carles; 04-21-2016 at 5:10 PM.

The molding and cove around the top make for a sophisticated appearance, I really like it. Did you make the molding? How's that finish to work with, apply, coverage, coats? Nice tables.

Bill
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

Quote Originally Posted by william watts View Post
    The molding and cove around the top make for a sophisticated appearance, I really like it. Did you make the molding? How's that finish to work with, apply, coverage, coats? Nice tables.

Bill
    Hi Bill- The finish is OK it is poly-shades espresso with 2 coats. The molding I did make on the router table but it was my wife's idea in the first place.
    At first I made the molding profile on the router table and got the OK from the wife, then I just ripped to width on the table saw to get the molding to put on the table.
    Thanks for the nice comments.

Thanks for the finished pics.

John