Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo on Leather Plaque

I received an e-mail announcing that PhotoGrav 3.1 is now available. I believe it will only work with Windows 7 and newer OS, therefore if you are still using XP, you may be out of luck.

yes, some nice leather work!

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Hi Michele. If you are using Photoshop convert the image to a 300 DPI grayscale bitmap. Depending on the image you may want to play with your contrast settings to make it "pop" a little better. Then when your are laser engraving make sure your DPI is also set to 300 and your Frequency or PPI is set to no more than 400. I think you will be happy with the results.

Leather is one of those materials like real marble that do not need any fancy conversion or dithering software like photograv. The normal photo mode on most lasers will do great photos. You can start light, and increase power if needed. Black leather is the only problem I have. Because it's dyed, you never know what colour the etch will be until the beam hits it. I've had black etch everything from bright white to so dark you could barely see it.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it