Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Singer passed away

Mark Singer passed away

I just learned that Mark Singer passed away in September. Mark was a regular contributor to this forum some years ago but had not been active in a while. I'm posting this for the people who knew him when he was active.

I had the chance to visit with Mark one time - he lived fairly close to me. In addition to seeing his shop, he gave me a tour of his home and of another home we was building on the side of a hill in Laguna Beach. He was a very good craftsman and a great person. I know he'll be missed by many people

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

That is sad news. Mark was a very talented woodworker and artist. Mark also helped moderate SMC for a time.

RIP Mark, you will be missed.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Oh wow....how sad. I was in Lake Forest for some training several years ago and had dinner with Mark and his wife, got a tour of the house and shop and generally talked shop. Fun evening and a chance to see something totally different than the Midwestern styles I'm used to. We were actually just talking about him on Friday because we are talking about taking a trip to California next year.

One thing I learned from Mark was his pocket-hole drawer technique which I used on a lot of my cabinetry projects. I was convinced when he showed me file drawers in his office built this way.

What a shock!

Mark was an incredible source of woodworking information and an inspiration to all!

Thanks for the link Mike!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 03-28-2016 at 9:00 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Terrible news, but thank you for letting us know. I built some legs for a project using the "mitered infill" technique he posted about once.

Mike

That's very sad news. I enjoyed his posts. RIP

Oh wow!!!! I m really saddened to hear this. Mark had an inspiring design aesthetic. I think of him aspirationally as i am crafting my own design sense.

His modern elegance, timber size abd choice of wood really spoke to me.

This is very sad news. Mark was a talented woodworker and Architect and he will be missed here.

Very sad news! He was definitely a very talented craftsman. I really liked his designs.

He will certainly be missed. I really enjoyed his posts and contributions here, as his approach to things was often a break from the norm.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I was thinking about Mark and his fine furniture just a few days ago. He was very talented, for sure.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Thanks Mike for posting this.

I always enjoyed Mark's input on the forum, there was always something to be learned from him.

I'll miss his contributions..............Regards, Rod.

I had a couple on email conversations with Mark about certain furniture designs - he was generous with his time. Then I looked at his house designs and asked a few questions. He said he had only really designed one house - just making it better each time. I'm having a house designed right now and had referred the designer to Mark's website just last week. A fine fellow.

I am very sorry to hear this. RIP Mark.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

May he rest in peace. Thanks for the post, Mike. I sure enjoyed his posts and his skills.