Thread: Wood fired Barbeque Grills : Still made ???

Wood fired Barbeque Grills : Still made ???

Years ago, I was in one of the old big box home improvement stores that are no longer in business. Well, they had this really nice Barbeque Grill with the chiminey. Thought it was for Charcole , but, no, it used real firewood, not pellets. Don't recall the brand name. Does anyone know if they still make those things ? All I can find are propane , charcoal, natural gas and wood pellet Barbeque Grills.

Are you looking something like this. I never see wood grills, maybe because it is difficult to control temperature? If you interested in charcoal grill - in my opinion best is Big Green Egg.

Ed.

No. I think it might have been made by Brinkmann . It was a black round barrel type barbeque that you could stuff chunks of wood in the firebox that was on the side. and it had a black chimney . It was not a smoker type grill. Real Barbeque that was heated with firewood.

Any charcoal grill with a side box work.
    They are readily available.

Home Depot sells Brinkman grills and smokers that work nicely with wood.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Last edited by Walter Plummer; 03-31-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Forgot link.

I've had one of these for nearly 20 years:

https://www.chargriller.com/

You would need the side firebox option, though that is for smoking with wood, not direct grilling. For the BEST flavor over charcoal, there are a few things you need to do. Use a chimney starter and use only paper or a small tin underneath with a splash of alcohol in it (this is what I do). NO LIGHTER FLUID. Also, make sure you use hardwood lump charcoal, not briquettes. Then, for some added flavor, toss in a couple hunks of hickory, mesquite, apple, cherry, whatever strikes your flavor fancy AFTER you spread the lit charcoal from the chimney (you don't have to let it ash over completely).
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

They sure are. Just come on down to Texas as you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one!