Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holes cut too many times

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    This is how I made the key fob...
    I just looked at your file. The problem is that the outline is not a closed shape. If you view it in wireframe mode you can see that it is not joined at the sides. Click on node edit, click and drag the the endpoints to meet the other lines, switch back to enhanced view mode, then the smart fill will work.

One minute and it's done, with time left over.

Also, once you have the new shape after using smart fill, you can go back to node edit and select and delete those two nodes on either side to smooth out the shape.
    Last edited by Rich Harman; 04-10-2016 at 12:46 AM.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So, I just tried the smart fill, ... I didn't actually want color fill, only vector lines, so I had to remove the color...
    You can set the smart fill so that it only makes outlines (hairlines) and no fill.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

im really getting confused with all these different ways to supposedly do the same thing.calling it a night thanx
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander