Thread: Over Bed table

Over Bed table

Hello All this is my first time on this sub forum forgive my newness I delivered this adjustable table to some very nice folks today who needed it for an older family member I had a really great time doing it and found out that the lady who needed the table dated my great grandfather many years ago !! ( such a small world) anyway here it is IMG_20160406_132540536.jpgIMG_20160405_164948634.jpg pictures aren't all that good sorry, Its maple with walnut trim attached with dowels and it adjusts from 28" to 45" I finished it with a food safe cutting board finish its a lot heavier than I thought it would be but everyone was really happy with how it turned out. thank you for looking and have a great day !
    S.

Welcome! This looks great. How did you join the top to the uni-leg? I'd imagine that joint could see some stress.

Thank you Sir! It is 2 boards sandwiched together glued and screwed then I put a top on it and attached it to the bottom of the table with pocket holes that leg slides up and down and all the way out of the base so the lady could adjust it to her hospital bed I feel like its pretty study although I would've like it to be a little lighter but ya know how it is I can see all kinds of things i want to do different after I sent it out the door Thanks again Sir

steve, that's a great idea. You could adapt the design to make a useful TV-table for use in the living room, or in the shop..