Thread: 8 inch dust collector duct

8 inch dust collector duct

I have a new 3 hp cyclone dust collector with a 15 inch impeller and 2200 cfm. It has a 8 inch inlet with a removable cap that splits it to 3 four inch hose inlets. I am hard piping it and want mostly 6 inch duct to the tools. The longest run is about 25 feet. Is the best method to run 8 inch to the first branch and then reduce to 6 inch or reduce it to 6 inch right at the collector inlet and then run all 6 inch. Just not sure if this collector is powerful enough to handle about 12 feet of 8 inch duct. I will be connecting 5 tools including a 25 inch drum sander and would like to run 2 open gates at a time.

We have a section of 7",between the 8 and 6.And even with these mild reductions,our transitions are fairly long.

I have a similar situation right now. I am running 8" duct to my first wye and then 6". The first part that has the 8" duct has a couple of turns in it and the 6" is straight run.

I just bought an Oneida system with an 8" outlet. They just sent me my design for the shop they came up with. If you want to PM me your email I can send it to you. You can see what they did and copy what you'd like. It's a PDF and I can't figure out how to just post it.