Thread: Other HVLP systems (Capspray & Croix)

Other HVLP systems (Capspray & Croix)

Chance to purchase either (or both I suppose) a Croix CX-8 or a Capspray CS8100...will come with a hose but wants an extra $80 for 'a gun' (no specifics yet on that). Price is cheap, $50 for either.
    I have an Earlex 550 right now, and like it, but if I could upgrade for $50 plus the cost of a decent gun maybe it would be worth it?
    Info on both turbines is scarce, the only thing I know is that the Capspray is a three stage.

Thanks for any info or advice,
    R

Anyone?...anyone?...Bueller?

Darn near 2 hundred views and no opinions...

Russel, for $50 I would at least get the Graco. It will be robust and parts are readily available. I have not used this exact unit but have used many different Graco airlesses and they are still my first choice. However, if you are possibly getting a gun, be wary of the Graco Airpro. The gun works OK but for me the ergonomics are wrong for and air spray gun. They have designed it like a high pressure airless gun where you use your whole hand to pull the trigger whereas I don't hold an airspray gun that way. I guess I am saying make sure you like the feel of an Airpro before you buy one.

Wagner stuff tends to be a bit crude for my liking

I don't know about the CS 8100, but I had my CS 9900 a lot (small production shop, pre-cats) for over a decade with very few problems. Mine came with a Maxxum 2 gun, which are now in the $250-300 range. The turbine is loud (mine was a five stage), and you should NOT run it on an extension cord....preferably on a designated line. It finally kicked about a month ago and I upgraded to a Kremlin, which is great but pricey.
    I think Capspray is now called Titan. But if you have the chance to get a CS turbine and a gun for under $150, I'd go for it.

Thanks for the insight guys.
    I'm going to go look at them on Saturday.