Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobsite Sawstop two solid lights

Jobsite Sawstop two solid lights

I just bought a Job Site Sawstop and when I went to turn on the Start switch after the 10 seconds the green and red light go solid. The Manual doesn't cover this and the saw will not start. This saw is straight out of the box. I called tech support but miss the time they were closed. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike

I had a similar problem and it was an adjustment of the riving knife. It was too close to the blade. Also check the position of the brake to the blade.

Just as a test, take the riving knife off and see if it starts up.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I had a similar problem and it was an adjustment of the riving knife. It was too close to the blade. Also check the position of the brake to the blade.

Just as a test, take the riving knife off and see if it starts up.

Mike
    Mike,
    Thanks for the help, the bad thing is it still does it. I checked the distance and it's good, plus I did remove the Riving Knife. Still no joy..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-09-2016 at 1:34 PM.

Hard to tell but it looks too close. I'm not sure on that saw, but on the cabinet saw I think that spacing is a nickel? I would imagine they are the same. Solid red means the brake spacing needs adjustment or the brake needs to be replaced. Also take the brake out and put It back on making sure it is in correct, also the pin is inserted properly and turned to lock it down. The brake and pin go on real easy and slides nicely in place, maybe the pin wasn't locked down and the brake wiggled loose in shipping?

I checked my ICS manual and it doesn't show two solids in the codes. BUT the three that involve a solid red, two involve the brake cartridge and the third says blade rotation. Hope it helps.

think I would remove and reinstall the brake cartridge, make sure it is secure, etc. Good luck

Thanks to the Mods for taking care of that situation with that photo!

BTW....report these posts using the little triangle near the bottom of a post so the Moderators can help protect a member from this type of potential financial damage.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-09-2016 at 1:46 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Thanks to the Mods for taking care of that situation with that photo!

BTW....report these posts using the little triangle near the bottom of a post so the Moderators can help protect a member from this type of potential financial damage.
    I think somebody did that

I am one who reported it but I think Bruce caught about the same time as I was filling out the form.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-09-2016 at 2:56 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Mreza & Ken both reported it. Thanks guys!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Id check the key in the brake as well. Make sure it is fully inserted and turned.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks all the Card is old and the number is not active. If used it would never work for them. Thanks for looking out.

Good luck the card has been deactivated for some time now.. Can't be used...

Did you get the saw working?

Not yet. I'll call Tech Support on Monday morning to see if they can lend a hand.I see that they tested before they but it in the box. So at least I know it did work before shipping. I just hope it is something easy and i'm just missing it. But everything everyone has told me I have checked and triple checked it.

Have you tried sending Sawstop an email? I had a question when assembling mine and sent them an email on the weekend and was very surprised when I had a response within a few hours. i expected the email to sit in thier inbox until Monday but somebody was checking emails. I probably just got lucky but might be worth a try.