Thread: great place for cabinet grade plywood

great place for cabinet grade plywood

My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Quality, Price, and Delivery. Pick two!!!
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I saw similar while walking through the 'Depot the other day and could only shake my head in wonder. And sadly, I bet someone will buy at least some of it...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Because I'm so used to seeing junk like this at the BORGs, I was impressed with one in Utah when I lived there. They had a knowledgable guy(s) working the lumber department who kept his dept tight - stacked as good as could be, junk was not on top like the pic above, wonky boards seemed to be removed, and they knew how to use a panel saw and I think even had a decent blade on it!

That being said, I've probably been to 30 different HD's and Lowes around the country, and there was one exception.

Is that the Purebond ply? I've never seen that kind of warpage in the Purebond stack at my HD. I've used HDs Purebond the last couple projects and have had happy with it. Has not warped and I've only hit 1 small void in the center layer which did not make any difference on my project. The outer veneer has been well bonded too.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Its not all like that. You're probably looking at what's left of the stack after people have culled through it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't by cabinet ply from them but > go to your hardwood supplier and look at their "shop grade" birch ply.

You'll probably find its made in China and pretty much the same stuff.