Thread: Anybody From Pittsburgh?

Anybody From Pittsburgh?

Im 24 and just kind of getting started in the world of wood i guess you could say. I was wondering if their was anybody from or close to Pittsburgh that knows of any upcomming old tool shows or tool swap meets, etc. I dont feel like theres a big tool collectors presence here and was wondering if im just missing it or where everyone is at/ where they go. Thanks! Michael.

Michael...

I am 30 (just turned) and from Pittsburgh. However, I relocated to NC after I graduated college and haven't looked back. What part of PGH are you from? There is a Rockler on McKnight that I have visited. Craiglist always seems to hold decent stuff up that way. My parents are still there, I visit occasionally.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
    Hi Michael,

Ask at the Rockler store mentioned above. Staff there are friendly and helpful, and can point you towards some groups that might interest you. There is a young salesperson named, I believe, Kris, who is both experienced (afaict, they all are) and into hand tools.

I had heard there is a tool collectors group in Pittsburgh, so I just Googled "Hand Tool Collectors Pittsburgh" and turned up this group's — Three Rivers Tool Collectors — home page.

I'm in Pittsburgh, but have all of four months of woodworking under my tool-belt, and so while I have plenty of enthusiasm to share, I have neither experience nor wisdom 😊 .

If you can swing it, the Woodworking in America convention is in Cincinnati this fall. I have heard nothing but good things about it. The "marketplace" alone is said to be worth the trip.

—Kirby.

Awesome! Thanks for that Kirby. Michael I live in the South Hills in Mount Lebanon if you know where that is, its close to Dormont, Bethel Park, Upper St. Claire area. Michael.

5. Here's the new link for The Three Rivers Tool Collectors