Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So...anyway to bypass the local Trotec sales rep?

So...anyway to bypass the local Trotec sales rep?

So....I pretty much have my heart set on a Trotec machine. But the issue I am having is that my "local" sales rep...who is 350-400 miles from me...is not moving on the price quote.
    I have quotes from Epi and UL and have forwarded them to the Trotec rep and he just goes on about how the other two machines are junk and you get what you pay for, etc.

The price difference is substantial....like $10k MORE then the comparable UL and Epilog.

I get it. The rep needs to make some money too, but from what I have read on here the price should be much closer to the other two mfg.

Anyway to bypass or go with a different rep?

Thanks, Stan

You Have P.M. In your box

Answered. Thank you.

I'd just make an offer to epilog and be happy with a great machine, if the rep doesn't want to help you how's the service? Or just ask Tami W, judging by her threads I'm glad I chose epilog for our second machine. Never even got information back from Trotec on the samples I sent to have done 3yrs ago.

Just my opinion, but I do love our Epilogs and they tackle all that we throw at them.

Good luck!
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

Ron, Can you send me the info also. I'm looking for a Speedy 300 or 360 Flexx.

I am also looking for a Speedy 300.

Hello Chris: I have a Speedy 400, Stan & I where talking about something else. As for the speedy 300, nothing wrong with it. If you have the extra cash, go to the 400 or add more power to the speedy 300.

Stan

Wattage and table size are only two specifications where Epilog and ULS can be compared with Trotec machines. If you are comparing the Speedy 100 then I think you're closer to an apples to apples comparison but if you're comparing a Speedy 300 or 400 then I think you have to consider all the other benefits of the Trotec which, do indeed, make it worth considerably more than the other brands you're comparing.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Check out the Speedy 360 it is right between the 300 and 400.
    Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt laser
    Custom CNC router 4' x 5'
    GrapthTec FC7000-75 vinyl cutter
    Keiling KL6090S CNC router
    Ricoh SG3100DN sublimation printer

Ron , really leaning towards a 360 flex. If I can ever get pricing from my rep. I be called and emails for the last 5 days and have yet to fe a response.

Where are you from Chris, my rep came 6 hours to my house to show a speedy 100. I had a Epilog mini already & i was always leaning to the Trotec 400, but that made my mine up with that kind of service. The service has always been great. I am surprice no one has called back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bratton View Post
    Ron , really leaning towards a 360 flex. If I can ever get pricing from my rep. I be called and emails for the last 5 days and have yet to fe a response.
    That was why I swore I would never buy a Trotec. I'm very glad that I found a rep that cares and was (is) very responsive to my calls and emails and changed my mind - my Speedy 400 is an amazing machine! Call Trotec direct and tell them you are ready to buy but your rep is holding you back. You may find someone like I did!

Just so you all know this isn't just a Trotec issue in certain territories. Twenty years ago when I bought my first machine, a ULS, I had to go to Chicago to buy it. Now I'm in St. Louis, pretty much the heart of the country, and in 20 years I've never been called on by a ULS rep nor do I know of one in this territory.

My Trotec rep is doing just fine, by the way.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

It's a pity you don't Live in Texas because Chris Cudmore of Trotec is one of the very best.
    355 - 10400 : )

go to a show to save $$

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clewett View Post
    So....I pretty much have my heart set on a Trotec machine. But the issue I am having is that my "local" sales rep...who is 350-400 miles from me...is not moving on the price quote.
    I have quotes from Epi and UL and have forwarded them to the Trotec rep and he just goes on about how the other two machines are junk and you get what you pay for, etc.

The price difference is substantial....like $10k MORE then the comparable UL and Epilog.

I get it. The rep needs to make some money too, but from what I have read on here the price should be much closer to the other two mfg.

Anyway to bypass or go with a different rep?

Thanks, Stan
    Stan

If you want a good price on a Trotec you have to go to a show. at least that was my experience. I chose trotec for a couple reasons. At the time i believe Universal did not have lighting or air assist built in. I am not a tinkerer so that was important to me. Also Trotec was so highly recommended on this board. I have had to call tech support a couple times and for the most part tech support is great. Another very important reason i chose Trotec. Only issue i have had I blame on my installer rep. i feel he should have known that my machine was not up to par when he installed it. Trotec did supply me with a new tube after i figured out what was going on. I have also found out my rep is no longer with the company. which i feel is a good thing. Don't write Trotec off, go to a show you will save $$$.
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!