Thread: Monthly Contribution Cancelled

Monthly Contribution Cancelled

I just noticed today that I am listed as a member instead of a contributor. I have always valued the services here and would always contribute each year. I then decided to set up a monthly contribution instead so I would no longer need to do the annual contribution and not have to worry about not having access to the "Contributor" areas. My monthly contributions equaled much more than the $6 annual contribution amount.

I was under the assumption that my monthly contribution amount would continue until I cancelled it, but my PayPal account shows no payment occurring in the month of April. When I checked my profile, it does not show my making a monthly contribution.

Is this something that I need to renew? Or should it have remained there and just somehow got changed.

Would like to find out so I know if I need to plan for frequent/annual? renewals.

Thanks

Clint
    Last edited by Clint Baxter; 04-16-2016 at 7:48 PM.

Isn't it easier to do it once a year? You don't have to stick to $6.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I thought the monthly contribution would keep me as a contributor and stay in effect till I cancelled it.

Clint

Clint, I'm sure Keith will answer your question when he sees this. There have been a few glitches since the last software update took place a few weeks ago.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

As far as I know the PayPal contributions have been working without issue. I have been receiving emails from PayPal so I have not suspected any problems but I will ask Aaron Koehl to check the configuration to verify that everything is as it should be.

Clint, according to our software your recurring contribution was stopped on 4-12-16. Note that we cannot access your PayPal transaction or modify the transaction in any way on our end. This may very well be a glitch with PayPal's system and not the result of problems on your end or ours.

I'll let you know what we find. Meanwhile I have reinstated your Contributor status until we find the problem.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-17-2016 at 8:41 AM.

Thanks. Will investigate my PayPal account and initiate another monythly contribution.

Clint

Went to PayPal but am not sure what happened there. I'll keep an eye on it to see if something similar happens again.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Clint Baxter; 04-17-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Clint,

I received an email from PayPal indicating that your transaction was completed.
    Thanks for your continued support...