Thread: Sample Projects

Sample Projects

It's been a while since I've posted however I thought I'd share some of the projects I've done so far with the laser. Please forgive me if links aren't allowed. There's no advertising of any sort.

http://lasercreations.wordpress.com
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-9060. 60 watt.

Great looking projects!
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Your projects are very nice and creative. Mine are all boring! I do the same three jobs all the time.

Robert
    Robert Tepper
    Trotec Rayjet 300/80 Watt
    Dahlgren 500 Engraving Machine, CNC Engraving Machine
    Pad printer with 5 3/4 x 5 3/4" print area
    Jackson Vulcanizers, 15 x 24", three total
    Hegner Scroll Saws, 14", three total

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reese View Post
    Please forgive me if links aren't allowed. There's no advertising of any sort.

I thought that linking to blogs was not allowed, but maybe that is okay. When in doubt you can always just de-linkify the url.

From the terms of service;

"Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek."

My favorite is the child aviator.

Child aviator.jpg
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Rich, I don't believe I'm violating the terms of service. There is no marketing or advertising and I couldn't care less about traffic to that site. It is a reference and is for the sole purpose of generating a discussion here. Just seemed like a convenient way to show the projects. If I have erred and this is not allowed please let me know and I'll remove it. And thanks for the comment on the post of my son. He's actually all bundled up in his ski gear in that pic.

Robert, thanks. Difference is you're making money!

Keith, thanks.

Looks cool Travis. What type of leather are you using?

For the one I posted on the blog, Italian cow. I've never done anything with leather before. I'm sure there's some technical term for the leather but the guy at Tandy said it was cow and the tag said it was from Italy. Therefore, Italian cow.

According to the Glowforge company definition, what you have there is a genuine 3-D Laser printer. Your photos prove it!

Ha, indeed I do.

It's been a while since I've posted however I thought I'd share some of the projects I've done so far with the laser. Please forgive me if links aren't allowed. There's no advertising of any sort.

Your work is really cool. I am picking up my first laser engraver tomorrow (used hugo from hurricane lasers). I really like that airplane "punchout" that you did for your kids class. Did you make that file or find it online? I'd love to make something like that for my kids.

I made it. That's a Citation M2. I took the vector file from the electronic flight manual and had to very heavily modify it for the laser. Would be happy to share the artwork once you have your laser up and running.

I made it. That's a Citation M2. I took the vector file from the electronic flight manual and had to very heavily modify it for the laser. Would be happy to share the artwork once you have your laser up and running.
    thanks. Definitely would love to get that file from you. I have a huge learning curve...going to have to figure out how to make my own files like that.

Nice work Travis, how did you get the darker tones in this acrylic?

Child aviator.jpg

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Sorry Don, just noticed your reply. Not sure what you mean by the darker tones.

Sorry Don, just noticed your reply. Not sure what you mean by the darker tones.

I looked again, I think it is because it's held against a dark background. Very nice!

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i