Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand Tools Question

Blog Entries
    +1 for the Picas pencil and get a set of the white lead if you work dark woods.

The perfect customer - wiggle a worm and they will bite.

If you have to ask if you need it, you probably don't.

That being said, 2 or 3 marking gauges can be pretty handy.

One of their little shop knives (the plastic-handled ones with the A2 blades). They're less than the cost of shipping and IMO you can never have too many of those around.

They also sell a nice Swiss-made 3 mm lead holder with built-in pointer, but that's more than the cost of shipping, and the 2 mm ones you can get on Amazon etc are more than good enough.
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 04-18-2016 at 10:38 AM.

FWIW, if I were in such a situation, I'd find a bit of hardware which was less than the cost of shipping, but which would be suitable for use on a project for my significant other, then make something nice using the "free" hardware.

Sadly, it's discussions such as this which often have me buying overpriced tools from Duluth Trading, 'cause it's easier to just add them there when buying clothes (which the finance committee will always agree to), than explain the credit charge at some other store.

I'll take a look at the Picas again. I have a few of their plastic marking knives which are handy to have in a pinch. I'll probably end up getting something by Pica or one of the awls they have.