Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oneida 2HP Dust Gorilla Portable HEPA Dust Collector review

Nice to see you're getting some action.

Too bad it took a lot of public bad-mouthing to actually get their attention and motivate them to do something.

For the record, Sunday or Monday I filled out the "Contact Us" form at Oneida's website informing them of this thread and the one about price increases. My message was a respectful one. Monday afternoon, the GM replied to me by email.

He confirmed the reasons I had stated in the recent price increases thread and indicated they knew people would be upset by the increases.

He also stated he would personally be contacting Hoang to attempt to come to some type of mutually agreeable resolution.

I was waiting for some indication from Hoang that Jeffrey Hill had contacted him. The man appears to be true to his word.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    If the GM is worth his salt he will sit the customer service folks down and have a "come to Jesus" talk, followed by a round table discussion and some new guidelines on dealing with customers. And a talk with engineering regarding the dust bin sensor issue.
    NOW you tell me...

Jeff reached out to me as well -- to 'bounce some ideas off each other'. ...Presumably about sensor technology??

I accepted, but no further communications since 4/25.

Need to empty the barrel more often. Don't rely on sensors to tell you when full, do a visual check. Also when doing softwoods the shavings will be bigger and require more space.

Jeff reached out to me as well and we traded several ideas on improving the sensor approach.

Clear Vue As Alternative

I should have gone with clearvue like I had wanted from the beginning.

I was laboring under the mistaken belief there was only one real American manufacturer of cyclone dust collectors. I remember when consumer cyclone dust collectors were just getting momentum in the 1980s or 1990s. I was lead to Oneida (thanks to Google) and have started a dialog. I came across this thread and have concluded that being able to monitor your dust collector is critical and the see-through feature of Clear Vue Cyclones trumps sensors.

What broke down here was a couple hundred dollar part: the dust sensor, not the vacuum system. This experience weighs very heavily for the see-through advantage. And, a 5HP (vs. 2 HP) motor and Bill Pentz's endorsement?

Hmmm, I'm going to take a close look at Clear Vue and probably go with them. I'm glad I decided to check out Oneida and came across this thread. Thank you, Original Poster.
    John L. Poole