Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football.......

Johnny Football.......

Reading recent statements by Johnny Football, I can't help but wonder what is going through his mind? Is he delusional? He hasn't figured out that nobody is willing to pay millions of dollars a year for a party animal? He hasn't figured out for that kind of money, one is expected to have a certain level of civil behavior on and off the football field.

This is a kid who should have and could have had the world on a string. Instead, I wonder how long he will live?

It's so strange, I can't even feel the least bit sorry for him. At some point in life, one has to become responsible for their actions and the results of those actions.

...and his publicist says he takes his situation very seriously. Really? It appears to me that the only thing he takes seriously is partying.

There is so much in this world I don't understand.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    ... wonder what is going through his mind?
    Nothing?

Occasional sleepless nights lead me up into the big cable channels, and yes, when nothing better presents, I have watched 'Cops' (And yes, I am SOOOooo ashamed!) The arresting officer frequently asks, "What were you thinking?" Generally, the answer is, "I wasn't.")

Johnny, welcome to this week's episode of 'Cops'.

Blog Entries
    I don't know what to think of it either Ken.

I don't think it's going to go well going forward.

I've seen guys like him (but on a smaller scale). The party ends right about the time the money runs out.

PHM

He's a total waste. I just hope that he doesn't end up in Denver.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If he can just get a felony conviction, Jerry Jones (Cowboys) will hire him in a heartbeat.

Adder: He's still young enough to be a kid to me. And I wish him no ill. I truly hope he gets his stuff in a pile and does well in life, whatever his chosen path.
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 04-20-2016 at 3:08 PM.

As badly as the Brown's ownership has been, he'll probably somehow end up back there...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Probably out of football for good. If he does turn his life around he could probably make big bucks on the speaking circuit. I can see the mega-churches lining up to hear his "inspirational" story.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I can't help but wonder what is going through his mind?
    Is he delusional?
    He hasn't figured out that nobody is willing to pay millions of dollars a year for a party animal?
    He hasn't figured out for that kind of money, one is expected to have a certain level of civil behavior on and off the football field.
    This is a kid who should have and could have had the world on a string. Instead, I wonder how long he will live?

It's so strange, I can't even feel the least bit sorry for him. It appears to me that the only thing he takes seriously is partying.
    +1. You nailed it Ken.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I can never understand why someone with the skills to make a ton of money will self sabotage.

Gary....it really is the worst case of professional suicide I have ever seen.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Chris Washburn, who played basketball at NC is another. He was a giant on the basketball court. First round pick after his freshman year. Mega bucks, but he was gone by mid season. Lacked skills to be an adult, who happened to be making millions.

"Stupid is as stupid does."
    - Forrest Gumpp
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Our choices determine our destiny.

Not making an excuse for him I wonder how much coddled, really crippled, but adults worshipping the ground he walked on as a kid simple because he can run with a pigskin. Living in central Texas I am amazed at the importance people put on youth sports. It is unbalanced and unhealthy. He is an adult and hopefully will get his substance abuse and other issues under control before it is too late. I think his football career is over but he should have a lot of living left to do. If he does not change he will be lucky to be in prison.

Alcoholism is a very scary thing. It can decimate an entire family and extended friendships. An acquaintance thought he had it licked.... several times. But each regression just sent him deeper into the abyss as he saw what it was doing to his wife and family. He finally decided the solution was driving into a bridge abutment at 100mph.

Manziel needs help.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.