Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnny Football.......

Well- - Johnny Football is just another shining example of Ohio sports....

We also gave the world Albert Bell, Art Schlichter, Joe Charboneau - Tim Crews (Steve Olin - Bob Ojeda) -, and...Pete Rose..to name just a few...Oh heck, I'll toss in Don King too since he's a part of the sports scene here..

All have had "issues" of one sort or another that make a regular person just shake their head and wonder.

Living in central Texas I am amazed at the importance people put on youth sports. It is unbalanced and unhealthy.
    Texas doesn't hold a lock on that. My niece is obsessed with sports. She's either involved in a game or practice or workshop every single day of the year. My brother in law and sister in law travel hundreds of miles in all sorts of nasty weather (like the softball workshop they took her to in Buffalo New York - - -in a January snowstorm) to games and workshops.
    Their whole family is now absent from family holiday get togethers (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day - a Thanksgiving also!) because there's a game or practice or workshop.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 04-22-2016 at 7:21 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Well- - Johnny Football is just another shining example of Ohio sports...
    Maybe by association, but I think his problems started long before he arrived in Cleveland.

In fact, I think the Browns may have been the first organization or authority figure to try to hold him accountable. I keep thinking had he been drafted by the Cowboys, Jones would still be making excuses for him. Cleveland may have been the best thing for him...at least personally if not professionally.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Velasquez View Post
    Maybe by association, but I think his problems started long before he arrived in Cleveland.

In fact, I think the Browns may have been the first organization or authority figure to try to hold him accountable. I keep thinking had he been drafted by the Cowboys, Jones would still be making excuses for him. Cleveland may have been the best thing for him...at least personally if not professionally.
    I think you're probably right about that Charlie. I think if he wouldn't have gone partying the last few months he'd be on the Cowboys already.

PHM

It is really bad and what gets me is the fact that he walks out with a little over 2 million dollars to support his habit with.

He just got indited by a Texas grand jury for assaulting his girlfriend, so here come the felony record.

Blog Entries
    He's done. He wasn't much after the first season he played Alabama and won. Second year they figured him out locked him up. Gets Heisman and another sad story in 30 for 30. If he had a good first year it would have been his last.

Basically he's unproven in the pro's. We have seen over the years Heisman winners that just don't do well in the pro's.

Sorry but an Alabama and Cowboys fan. Cowboys think about drafting Johnny? Waste of AIR in that stadium and a lost fan forever....

So sad but it is of his own making....hope he finds a way out of this.