Thread: Noah's Ark..

Noah's Ark..

It is has been a long while but I am still here, just a bunch of different things going on in my life right now.

It has been raining so much here in Texas I thought I had better build me an ark...

I got the plans for this from the Toy Making Plans on line, it took a lot long then I thought it would but did get it finished. It is 23" long and 12" high, it it made with pine and walnut with a purple heart roof. The animals are all red oak, each of the larger ones are made of 3 parts then glued together.

There are small doors used as a ramp and then large doors that can be opened on each side. The roof lifts off and then the deck can be taken out.

The grand-kids love it and line up all the animals in a long row every time they come over.

P4165655.jpg P4165659.jpg

I like it. Now all I need are some grandchildren.

Did you cut the animals out with a jig saw? Or a bandsaw with a narrow blade?

I used a cheap scroll sawn.

That's neat. I like it!
    Profanity is the futile effort of a feeble mind, to exert itself forcefully.

Cute project. Welcome back Bill!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Bill, nice to have you back. I always enjoy your posts and tips. Nice project; the joy of watching the grandkids must be immeasurable, as will their memories of the things Gramps made for them. Patrick

Blog Entries
    Great project Bill. It looks really nice. I'm sure the grandkids are having fun with it. Hopefully you won' need to load your shop tools in it if the rains continue. We're glad to see you active here again.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Nice little projects, Bill. I always enjoy your posts. Where did you find a scale that converts cubits to inches?
    Last edited by Vince Shriver; 05-03-2016 at 2:14 AM.

I don't know how Bill did it, but I would use this converter.