Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did a bad bad thing.

I did a bad bad thing.

So I bought the SawStop at the estate sale along with a couple of other things!
    It has the 3HP motor, 36" t-glide fence, mobile base and above dust collection. $1700
    Jet Drum Sander 16-32, comes with infeed and outfeed rollers. $550
    Jet Drill Press JDP-17MF w/ updgraded table. $350

Not sure how I'm gonna explain it to the wife yet...

Just point out how much money you saved...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Good news is already practically have my Ridgid r4512 w/ 52inch incra fence sold!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Akers View Post
    Not sure how I'm gonna explain it to the wife yet...
    Flowers are the customary ice breaker

Use your new tools to build a doghouse, You may need it for a while

P.S. Congratulations!

Build her something REALLY nice with those tools and hopefully you'll be OK.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Simple, just give her the $1,000 you saved on the saw alone, and tell her to spend it on something she really wants.

Zero to hero in one step.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Wow, you got some great deals there! Lucky!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Simple, just give her the $1,000 you saved on the saw alone, and tell her to spend it on something she really wants.

Zero to hero in one step.
    That's a good idea. If she's sharp, be ready for her to say something like "YOU spent $2600. Why do I only get $1000 Brian?"

So, you offer her the $1000 to spend on whatever she wants and then take her to the lumber yard and tell her to pick out the kind of wood she wants for that cabinet/table/jewelery case/armoir/entertainment center she's been wanting. Let her get the first benefit of those new tools and she'll resent it a little bit less.

While you're out, swing by the sporting goods store to pick up a good tent. Beats using the dog house.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

So...what was the BAD thing you did??? All sounds GOOD to me, except maybe for not having the alibi ready, and i'm usually better at doing those spontaneously--so i can adjust the story to meet the reaction.

Congrats!!
    earl

Thanks for the laughs guys. About to spill it. If I don't report back in 48hrs something went terribly wrong! J/K Wish me luck!

Tell us your location so we can come get your new tools in case you mysteriously disappear!

Too bad your wife is not a quilter. We spent $2,200 for a used sewing machine this winter to replace one of hers that was tired. Woodworkers quibble over the price of major tools in ways that I don't understand. Visit a high end sewing machine dealer and see what those go for.

CPeter

CPeter, what machine did you buy for $2,200? I wrote the check for a new Viking (Husqvarna) a couple of years ago and we were out the door for close to $7,000. Like I told her, "This is just buying power for me". Now, when I need a new 6 speed tranny for the hot rod, or new wheels for the truck, she doesn't even raise an eyebrow.