Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :) concrete put down

:) concrete put down

So I been renting a shop for the last 2 years. I finally saved enough to build my own shop in my back yard. I had to go through a process to allow me to run my laser engraver in city limits. Finally got approval.

The concrete has been laid, dedicated electrical . and shop come next. Shed arrives next week.

I'm stoked. No more rent. Saving for my business.

It's not huge so I'm being creative with where to put things. I'll post pics.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

awesome Clark good luck with the building process or shed installation
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I can imagine the excitement and anticipation. I finished building mine a couple of weeks ago and am in the process of installing cabinets, furniture, etc. so I can move in. I actually took some materials in to work on there, just to "try it out" before it's all set up and ready to move in. Fun, and what an improvement!

Blog Entries
    Congrats Clark!!! Anxious to see photos as you progress along!!!

I am set up in my 20x20 garage with that big Chinese laser and a CNC, and my big wood lathe along with various other tools and all the other family things that go into a garage for storage. Organizing it seems like an evolving process, but fun!! Hope this goes great for you and you end up with a place to work in that fits you like a glove and you have fun in!

Dave
    PS....where are you located that a laser engraver took so much permitting to get going? Just curious.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    ...Organizing it seems like an evolving process, but fun!!
    I can totally relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Congratulations!

I can totally relate.

I'll send pics when. I've got my laser, 3d printer, table saw, computer, work table, cnc and few more items I need to figure out how to arrange.

Congratulations! I have mine at home too. I also wonder what the permitting problem was, we have no restrictions here beyond the home business license and that's just $15 and an easy form.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Blog Entries
    Yeah! Seattle is not an easy place to meet compliance issues a lot of time, but the laser and CNC and lathe didnt make anyone in the City bat an eye. And although Joe is out of Seattle proper the county still has plenty of regs to keep us all busy. Very curious what the issues were?
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    Congratulations! I have mine at home too. I also wonder what the permitting problem was, we have no restrictions here beyond the home business license and that's just $15 and an easy form.
    Around here they send letters out to the neighbors and make sure they are ok with a business being near by. So be kind to neighbors. You also have to go to the city council and show them what you are doing. They have to vote on it.

There are certain businesses they don't allow metal shops, car repair etc. Also you can only have a limited numbers of customer traffic. 99% of my business is online anyways.

Home businesses are great, but if you aren't careful...

-- be afraid... be very afraid... (this is about 1/5th the total)

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Looks like a lot of fun to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Home businesses are great, but if you aren't careful...

-- be afraid... be very afraid... (this is about 1/5th the total)

What's wrong with that? I bet you know where to find everything too!

Blog Entries
    Alan, He can find everything, that is true. Except his wife. She came in the shop about a year ago and hasnt been seen since. Though Kev says he sometimes thinks he hears her voice faintly calling off in the distance.

<grin>

My friend popped by when I had this photo on my screen. He is a safety officer in the office I retired from. He saw this and chuckled worriedly. I played with him and told him one of our offices sent me this to ask for suggestions on better organizing their maintenance shop. I thought he was going to birth a calf on the spot, which would have made a hash of my carpet.

While it looks pretty funky, mostly what you see is just a crapload of airlines, vacuum hoses, a bunch of serial & parallel cables and power strips... Not really all that 'unsafe', just looks like it!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Just teasing you Kev!!! But you would have loved the look on my friends face as I progressed through this bit of leg pulling. He gives bovine birth many times during the year as he travels from park to park inspecting things. OSHA is afraid of him I think!