Thread: Woodworking is not dead, and uses for old WW mags

Blog Entries

Woodworking is not dead, and uses for old WW mags

A maker's Co-Op opened near me. They have Woodworking metal working, glass, CNC, laser engravers, and 3D printers. I think that this is a great option for younger people without shops and equipment. I had a stack of WW magazines from the last five years that I donated to them. I figure this is a simple way to encourage others to make things.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Nice Shawn hope the younger kids go thru them and make some of the stuff from you old mags. Have to keep the craft alive.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Now that's a good idea! Thanks for passing it on.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Funny you mentioned it- I was just looking at a 3D printed guitar and thinking to myself how technology is replacing the artisan while at the same time giving him new ways to create. I guess it is like digital vs film. It gave us so much, but it stole the artist/chemist/physicist that was the photographer of old.

Blog Entries
    That is indeed a good idea. there is a Makers CoOp right near dad's that I recently visited (a friend is doing projects there). I will ask them if they would like the mags I can pass along.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler