Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun day in the shop today

Fun day in the shop today

Here’s how you are supposed to run the saw, according to the former Chairman of the Central Committee of the Saw Stop Skeptics Collective – the late Kent Bathurst: First, remove all the safety stuff you can. And – that bozo even figured out how to trip the safety circuit while the saw was stopped, and not damage the brake nor blade. First time he ever touched a SS. Go figger. Bad mojo.

Had no problem dancing with my Laguna BS, Dewalt lunchbox planer, PM jointer, or miter saw. Just the SS. Huh. Who was that masked man?

All jokes aside, it was a great day hanging out with my buddy Kent. It seems I learn something new every time he stops by. We both worked on our own projects while chatting the day away. If only I had a video of it, you'll see me in the background vacuuming dust off the floor while Kent manages to spray new dust everywhere. Can't wait for the next visit.

I miss Kent, a video would have been great, but it may have ended up overloading the Internet

I'll be sure to get a video next time. Until then, we can all enjoy the view of Kent's rear end.

Sounds like a good day for sure.

Why is Kent on oxygen?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Unrelated to Kent but you have a nice shop there. I think the V3000 is going to work out nice for you.......minus all the hassles it took to get there.

Kent got in the same room with a SS??? I can't believe it.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Sounds like a good day for sure.

Why is Kent on oxygen?
    Not too sure of all the details, but I know part of it was due to saw dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    Unrelated to Kent but you have a nice shop there. I think the V3000 is going to work out nice for you.......minus all the hassles it took to get there.
    I hope so, I don't intend to upgrade any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Kent got in the same room with a SS??? I can't believe it.
    Not only did he get in the same room, he even touched it and turned it on. AFTER he made me remove the blade guard, over arm DC and riving knife. I don't think he knew there was a bypass mode, otherwise he'd have me turn that off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoang N Nguyen View Post

Not only did he get in the same room, he even touched it and turned it on. AFTER he made me remove the blade guard, over arm DC and riving knife. I don't think he knew there was a bypass mode, otherwise he'd have me turn that off as well.
    I always thought Kent was a pretty smart guy. Seems I was wrong.

John

Blog Entries
    Really nice of you to share your shop with Kent, Hoang. I'm sure you guys had a fun day.

PHM

"Here’s how you are supposed to run the saw, according to the former Chairman of the Central Committee of the Saw Stop Skeptics Collective – the late Kent Bathurst:"

Forgive me but I have to ask: Was this a paranormal experience?

Kent looks so real...
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Is Kent wearing Cole Hahn's with sweatpants?? Too cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    Really nice of you to share your shop with Kent, Hoang. I'm sure you guys had a fun day.

PHM
    It's always fun having Kent at the shop and having someone to hang out with. I always seem to learn something new every time he stops by so it's a double plus kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoang N Nguyen View Post
    It's always fun having Kent at the shop and having someone to hang out with. I always seem to learn something new every time he stops by so it's a double plus kinda thing.
    Kent is a knowledgeable guy and entertaining character. He is missed here.
    Chuck Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Kent is a knowledgeable guy and entertaining character. He is missed here.
    I don't post a ton on here, but was wondering what happened to him. Always seemed to have knowledgable, and comedic, answers to questions posted. Glad to see he is still around and woodworking.

Man! You guys are braver than me. I'm glad you had a good visit with He Who Must Not Be Named, Hoang.

The rest of you better hope the You Know Who's Name doesn't have the Trace on it.

relax. A little Harry Potter humour.
    Paul