Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Oneway Wolverine Sharpening Essentials 6 Piece Set

Bad Oneway Wolverine Sharpening Essentials 6 Piece Set

I purchased a Oneway Wolverine Sharpening Essentials 6 Piece Set to import to Lima Peru. I ordered it from woodturnerscatalog.com

Now, I know that woodturnerscatalog.com has nothing to do with the manufacturing process, nor should they need to check the products. This all falls on OneWay.

SAM_0273.JPG

I'm sorry, but one would think that they would be using a jig to hold the sections in place for welding. what ever idiot welded this together sure as heck wasn't paying attention. This is plain and simple shitty work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anything worth doing that requires cutting down a tree, deserves doing it right the first time.

That is almost unbelievable to be that far off. Hopefully they will send a new one quickly. I don't ever remember seeing a quality issue with OneWay products. But that is awful.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

George, it's to bad that this has happened to you, at least it's an easy fix.
    Len

Someones first day on the job. I have several Oneway tool and they are generally excellent well made tools.
    Fred

Figures it went all the way to Peru. It would have been a lot less of a hassle for a US or Canadian customer to have gotten it. Stinks all around.

Well, that is a new one for me.... There is a little variation in them side to side, but not that much. You should contact them and see if they can send you another one... Long way, but maybe... Quality control on several stations must have been down and out to lunch...

robo hippy

Can you see what is causing it to lean? The only thing that I can imagine would cause it to lean that far is they welded the upright at an incorrect angle. IIRC, the square tube the is inserted into the channel is positioned at a 45 degree angle.

Hi George,
    No idea of what is happening here but I can say I have been to the Oneway plant in Canada and seen first hand the machine that creates these tools. It is completely automated and there is no one person welding from what I remember. Call and ask for Cindy at 800.565.7288 I am sure they will be happy to help you. Vince
    VincesWoodNWonders

Your pictures are pretty bad and only barely show a leaning part, you sure the piece didn’t get twisted or damaged during shipment ???

Not like this could not possible happen, but it is surely a real uncommon thing to happen with a Oneway product.

Anyway I do know Oneway does stand behind their products, you should contact them, rather than this forum IMO.
    Have fun and take care

Take better pictures and send to Oneway. Is there any chance you've assembled it incorrectly? Just asking.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Looks like QC completely missed that one. They will probably want it back. I'm sure they will send a new one, but if for some reason they don't be sure to report it back here.

Doug

You can also try calling Craft Supplies. I got a McNaughton coring set that didn't fit my lathe, and turns out that McN cut the tool post wrong. BUT Craft Supplies went out of their way to get me the right part. They even paid for the shipping of the defective part back...... I have to mention their great customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    Can you see what is causing it to lean? The only thing that I can imagine would cause it to lean that far is they welded the upright at an incorrect angle. IIRC, the square tube the is inserted into the channel is positioned at a 45 degree angle.
    If you look at the pic with the level, you can see where the base is behind it. It's flat on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    Your pictures are pretty bad and only barely show a leaning part, you sure the piece didn’t get twisted or damaged during shipment ???

Not like this could not possible happen, but it is surely a real uncommon thing to happen with a Oneway product.

Anyway I do know Oneway does stand behind their products, you should contact them, rather than this forum IMO.
    Look at the first picture with the level on it. It's clear enough to see that the base is sitting flat and the weld was at an angle. And no, there was no damage to it in shipping. the box was fine. It's just a bad weld.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Greenbaum View Post
    Take better pictures and send to Oneway. Is there any chance you've assembled it incorrectly? Just asking.
    Nope, not a chance. I thought so at first. I tried turning it to see and it just puts the table to either side at an odd angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Ladendorf View Post
    Looks like QC completely missed that one. They will probably want it back. I'm sure they will send a new one, but if for some reason they don't be sure to report it back here.
    Doug
    I had a local welder fix it somewhat. It's at a almost at a 90 degree as fare as the level and the front isn't square to the grinder. Too late to send it back.
    Anything worth doing that requires cutting down a tree, deserves doing it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by George Courson View Post
    I
    I had a local welder fix it somewhat. It's at a almost at a 90 degree as fare as the level and the front isn't square to the grinder. Too late to send it back.
    Probably the best (least expensive at any rate) fix. The welder should have been able to get the table square if he ground the end square after cutting it off. Many turners notch the plate to fit around the wheel which might help.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Looks like that was a custom job intended for Pisa Italy. I'm sure they'll make it right but it is a pain having to wait so long just to get what you ordered to start with.
    One good turn...
    That's my goal.