Thread: Cant always view pics

Cant always view pics

Any reason why sometimes i can see/view pics in threads, and other times it says "attached thumbnail" with a little paperclip icon. Im always logged in, and this only happens on my mobile android, never on laptop. Thanks

I asked the same thing a while ago, because I too can't see the thumbnails either on my Android phone or my iPod Touch (which has the same OS as an iPhone). Nobody had an answer, and noone else said they had the same problem.

I finally realized that there are two ways to add pictures: you can embed them in a post (I think that's what happens when you use the picture icon above the editing window), or load the picture as an "attached thumbnaiI." I can see embedded pics in the mobile app but not thumbnail attachments. On the full site (desktop view) I can see all the images. Note that the ones you can't see on the mobile site have the words "attached thumbnails" in tiny print above the top left hand corner of the first picture when you switch to the desktop view.

The bottom line seems to be that using the mobile site means missing out on most of the pictures, unless you're willing to switch to the desktop view in order to know what someone is talking about.

BTW, the drop-down to switch views is at the bottom left corner of the page.