Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough decision.....

Tough decision.....

I have been working in the lawn and flower beds today. Every time I came inside for a sip of coffee, I flipped on the television and surfed a couple channels.

It's difficult for me to decide which I dislike more....the major news medias' nonstop coverage of the Presidential primaries or ESPN's nonstop mock draft coverage for the upcoming NFL draft.

Ugh!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I don't get much of it since we went the antenna route.

I would have to vote that the NFL mock draft is the more useless of the two. Not only are they mostly wrong..........the majority of the players drafted never make a team, even less last into a second season, and even more rare are the ones who have an impact on team.............a handful at best.

Don't watch TV, it works for me. Seriously I would not watch more than 10 minutes a week accumulated by the TV being on and me walking through the room.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Here in Minnesota it's been 24/7 coverage of Prince dying.

Ken, let me help you. Turn on the radio and listen to the nonstop drama about "Prince" dying. One announcer today actually said he needed to re-examine the meaning of life in a world without Prince.

Easy choice for me - I haven't owned a TV for a decade.

At first I thought it was Prince Charles. Then I heard it was Prince. Pfftt.

You have to stay away from the news channels to keep your sanity.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Who's Prince?

/+
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Who's Prince?

/+
    haha, great answer

You could tune to twenty channels telling you how to have a Brazilian Butt instead. The American one I have works just fine, thank you. As for the NFL draft, what player has had the greatest impact on the NFL recently at the quarterback position, Hint, he wasn't even drafted. Too small to play QB in the NFL. Boy were the so called experts wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Who's Prince?
    /+
    What is the NFL?

We got married 6 years ago, and still haven't felt the need to get a tv. I'm doing just fine without it!
    Profanity is the futile effort of a feeble mind, to exert itself forcefully.

80% of our "TV" viewing is a crackling fire on YouTube,whilst reading a good book.Did watch a 1969 Williamsburg,1 hour vid on YouTube last night however.It was a start to finish flintlock,rifled barrel long gun.

I'm with you, Ken. 24 hour coverage of anything is unnecessary (except woodworking; I could take 25-hour coverage of that...)

If I have to choose, tho, I would rather watch the NFL draft. There's hope and possibility, and genuine talent to be witnessed there. In the primaries, there's only dread and dissapointment that the best country in the world cannot identify good candidates to lead it.