Thread: Top vs bottom cup (pressure feed) gun

Blog Entries

Top vs bottom cup (pressure feed) gun

I just ordered a Fuji mini Mite 4 with the bottom feed gun. My intention is to add a pressure pot. However I will be using the gun as is for now. I'm starting to second-guess the bottom feed vs. Gravity feed gun. I can still change my order if needed. It looks like the XPC gun may be the better choice. Can anyone share some insight.

I have the Mini Mite 3 with the T series bottom feed - does everything I need it to do from paints to WB lacquer very well. I've not used any other gun or feed type with the 3

I'm happy with the XPC gun with my Fuji Q4 Gold. I've briefly tried other guns, but am still quite happy with this bottom feed setup.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I have two guns. One is an Accuspray with a bottom canister. The other is a Fuji XPC with the top canister. I like to lay stuff down flat to spray it, so I don't get drips. I'd occasionally hit the workpiece with the Accuspray's canister. And spraying the inside of drawers was a challenge for the same reason. So I bought the XPC, and I use it most often now.

Get both guns if the budget allows. Gravity pot is better for the wrist though - years of using a suction pot almost had me quit spraying but a change to gravity feed and no problems any more. You can't have too many types of spray gun...

I've only used gravity guns for the last few years. They're easier on the wrist, don't hit the work piece since the cup is directly in your line of sight, and most importantly you can spray every last drop of finish with a gravity gun. The only drawback is the occasional large piece that requires spraying upwards, not being able to draw finish from the cup.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Jungers; 04-30-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling

We have,some could say,too many of each...

Can not remember the last time we used a bttm feeder?Cleaning and the ability to shoot very small amts being the most important.

Blog Entries
    Seeing as how the xpc supposedly can'tsupposedly can't take a pressure pot I'm keeping the bottom feed gun and ordering a xpc as well.

So far I'm loving the fuji

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    Seeing as how the xpc supposedly can'tsupposedly can't take a pressure pot I'm keeping the bottom feed gun and ordering a xpc as well.

So far I'm loving the fuji

XPC can take a 2 quart pressure pot if you scroll down you will see it but will need a special part to make it work.

http://homesteadfinishingproducts.co...nt/fuji-spray/

-Rob