Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperMax 25-50

SuperMax 25-50

The conveyor belt on My superMax 25-50 split and I need to replace it. Looking for suggestions regarding the best replacement, provider, price? Can anyone please help me with this?

Industrial Abrasives will make any size belt you need. I used them for my Grizzly 18/36. They were cheaper then Grizzly. I will use them for my SuperMax 25-50 when the time comes.

Cary,
    Mahalo sir, I owe you. Industrial Abrasives is 25% of the cost of a SuperMax provided belt ($20 vs $80). just another reason I love SMC.

Thanks again - Bill

Glad to hear it worked out and glad to hear they were only $20 for when I have to change mine.

Might be too good... I have 25" supermax dual drum sander . The first time I replaced the belt I bought the cheaper alternative and had to fool with the tracking every time I used it. I called supermax and they were adamant that their belt would track properly - and it did!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Might be too good... I have 25" supermax dual drum sander . The first time I replaced the belt I bought the cheaper alternative and had to fool with the tracking every time I used it. I called supermax and they were adamant that their belt would track properly - and it did!
    What was the supplier of the cheaper alternative please? There are definitely some things that going OEM saves headaches but, Cary seems to have done OK.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    I guess we will see. It is a cheap test at $20. Industrial abrasive sandpaper is top notch. They make custom belts for a living here in the USA so I think they know what they are doing. It would be interesting to see where SuperMax's belts come from. I think they assemble the sanders in the USA from US and foreign parts. They may get their belts here.

I would love to hear how it works out. I like the $20 price.

The belt I got that didn't track properly was from Klingspor so not a cheapo belt.

So it seems I'm the guinea pig. Don't really feel like I'm that far out on a limb given Cary's recommendation and his experience rehabbing tools. I will definitely post results in a week or two when the belt arrives and is installed ("long" wait is the inevitable downside of custom stuff, but I am making do with the 18" wide remaining belt in the meantime).

Belt arrived (very well packaged), installed (not easy but definitely doable with a little help from the wife), no problems (NONE!) with tracking straight. Bottom line = 5 stars, two thumbs up. Now to see how long it lasts or if tracking issues surface over time.

Thanks again Cary for the recommendation and to the rest of you for the thoughts/concerns.

I was just thinking about this thread today. Glad to hear that it arrived and worked.

Thanks Bill, I will try one next time.

OK, 3 months later and the conveyer belt is still tracking perfectly with nary an adjustment since original installation. I am VERY happy! Mahalo (thanks) again to Cary.

Blog Entries
    Excellent news. I will keep them in mind as well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Bill,
    What is the size of the belt for the 25-50?
    Cary