Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: needing help

needing help

OK first mistake buying laser engraver off ebay - chinese 60W CO2 USB Laser Engraving Cutter Stand Cutting Machine Engraver 500x700mm

OK from day one never worked!!! the tube never fired , no ark no beam, then second day it fired beam only after turning unit on then off on then off then on, then it worked about 4 hours. turned off came back next day laser would not fire beam, no sound no ark no beam. checked and double checked connection at tube. they were good and connected. we have tired to get help from person that we bought laser engraver from and its like pulling eye teeth, ebay wont help paypal wont help even tho they found in favor of us they wanted us to ship laser back to china. so after emailing and emailing they sent a video to have us try to see if laser would fire, (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8w...?usp=drive_web) once we unplugged the second connector and hit test fire on supply the tube fired, beam could be seen hitting metal ring on inside of tube.

So I turned of unit and tried it again 4/29/2016 never changed anything hit test fire on supply unit , nothing.

what do you think it might be, I also have a ground light flashing on control board ????????

I'm thinking i got a 2200 dollar paper weight

I'm thinking bad power supply and maybe tube ?

OK I went and played with it today 04/30/2016, plugged everything in and ran laser, the tubed fired but the longer it ran the less beam it had, finally after i would say 1 or 2 minutes the tube got less and less fire to where it quit all together... unplugged the second plug off power supply hit test fit from supply unit and nothing. how can it not work yesterday at all and today work for a few minutes ?????

when i hit test fire on power supply nothing happens is it leaning towards a new power supply ? where can i get another one - it shows myjg60w as model number on power supply unit.. its included in pictures I INCLUDED.

OK, here is a follow up ------ I found a packing peanut, did the peanut test - here is what happened. when i first powered up laser and hit test fire from power supply for laser the peanut moved towards the hv wire, then after about 5 sec the laser quit firing - the peanut never moved again. I turn off laser I let it set for a few minutes turn back on, hit test fire peanut moves after a few sec it stops firing peanuts again doesn't move when test fire is pushed, do this couple times same results. the last time I got real close to end of wire near laser tube hit test fire I could see peanut move some what.

ok here is photo when laser fires, just as it is about to quit, it thins out and the beam looks scattered goes light purple not a solid beam if that makes any sense

IMG_2765.jpgIMG_2720.jpgIMG_2789.jpgIMG_2795.jpg

ok here is photo when laser fires, just as it is about to quit, it thins out and the beam looks scattered goes light purple not a solid beam if that makes any sense you can see where beam is hitting the metal ring on inside of tube negative side.

If it does need a tube where can i get one, it either 39.5 inch long or 40 inch long

any info would be grateful needing this thing up an running

IMG_2802.jpgIMG_2803.jpg
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-02-2016 at 7:53 PM.

Do you mean the beam was hitting something inside the tube and never getting to the first mirror???
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

yes in the last photos you can see beam hitting the metal ring inside tube

I don't know how that can happen unless the tube is defective. The beam should go straight through the tube out the end and hit the first mirror then the second and the last through lens and make the material.
    If the beam doesn't get out the tube its messed up and I would try to get the seller to replace it, or send the whole thing back at his expense. Paypal has a return free shipping thing and ebay has a protection plan. I would use these methods first before buying tubes and trying to make this one work.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

ok we have tried for 4 weeks now to get this fix, the seller is from china, ebay / paypal found in our favor, but wanted us to ship (our cost back to china) even tho it was shipped from California - but since we could not give them a tracking number paypal closed the case. So we been sitting on a $2200 paper weight.

...tubed fired but the longer it ran the less beam it had, finally after i would say 1 or 2 minutes the tube got less and less fire to where it quit all together...

This is likely a problem with the power supply. It will need to be tested and possibly replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert White View Post
    ok we have tried for 4 weeks now to get this fix, the seller is from china, ebay / paypal found in our favor, but wanted us to ship (our cost back to china) even tho it was shipped from California - but since we could not give them a tracking number paypal closed the case. So we been sitting on a $2200 paper weight.
    Who wanted you to ship to China, PayPal or eBay? I would fight this all the way and contest the charge. I don't know what State you are in but I would find the consumer fraud division and raise hell.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Who wanted you to ship to China, PayPal or eBay? I would fight this all the way and contest the charge. I don't know what State you are in but I would find the consumer fraud division and raise hell.
    I think he's out the shipping regardless at least one way if not both. Technically they fulfilled their end of the cc purchase by sending him the machine is how the cc company and paypal likely look at it. Now the fact that it doesn't work will be hard to prove, they can just say it's user error. I guarantee the visa/mc/amex company won't understand what he's trying to explain on the laser. That being said I think it's worth trying to fight, best of luck I hope you get refunded. Even if you have to pay to send it back some money would be better than a "$2200 paper weight" as you called it.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Its going to cost him a $1,000 to ship it back and net maybe $1,200. For that cost you can replace the HV power supply and tube, 4 times over. The question is, can the OP do the repairs? The problem with buying something from China and you have no skills to repair your more or less up that certain creek.
    I just wonder if all the plugs and connections have been checked? I found several loose on my Chinese machine.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-02-2016 at 7:40 PM.

I think you all could talk him thru testing and replacement as needed
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Robert If you have a voltmeter or multi meter that would help. I get all my parts from Lightobject dot com they will have tubes and power supplies.

Even with the hot glue strung across the connections they can still be loose screws, check all of them.
    Do you have water flow through the tube?
    Is the ground wire to the tube connected at the end where the first mirror is ?
    Is the red heavy wire to the tube connected?
    Start with the basics first.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-02-2016 at 8:06 PM.

You might also try looking/searching on CNC forum. A lot more people who bought eBay lasers that they had to fix, maybe someone has encountered this on there...
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

yes I have skills to do this, I have ran over all connections, check as much as I could before coming here, to ask for any type of help, the crazy thing is the laser tube- it shows 60w but the tube length that I can find is 50w -- 1000 mm tube length. I checked length it shows either 39.5 or 40 inches trying to do it myself. The power system if you hit test fire for it alone it will fire tube for about 3 to 5 seconds after that the tube will do nothing, if you turn laser of wait 5 to 10 minutes turn back on then again you get 3 to 5 secs of laser to fire then dead again until you turn off then back on.

If you look at photos I included you see the power supply - i have to unplug the bottom plug to get laser to fire at all, if I let it set for a few days , plug everything back in I can fire laser for a few seconds for control panel, then it stops and turn off machine, unplug plug turn on then fire tube 3 to 5 secs.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gener...416020541.html
    A link to info about the PS and a video. Looks to be a decent part.
    Robert are you 100% sure the HV connections are good on the tube And did you check with a screw driver the connections on all the controls?
    Its not unusual to have A 50 watt tube in A 60 watt machine.... on Chinese lasers anyway.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-02-2016 at 9:13 PM.

I did peanut test that someone advised off CNC it worked if I hit test fire on Power Supply the shipping peanut would attach to the HV red power supply wire, but one the power supply would not light the shipping peanut would not, turn off machine with 3 to 5 minutes turn back on guess what 3 to 5 sec peanut would attach to HV line once it quit nothing from peanut. not tube fire. turn off wait turn on fire 3 to 5 secs tops

Also may not be anything- controller board I have a blinking light on line 14