Thread: Incra metal stand, cleansweep worthwhile?

Incra metal stand, cleansweep worthwhile?

I think I finally settled on ordering the Inca #3 package which is the 27x43 table, stand, and LS 17 super system for $752. I noticed I could pickup the table and super system for $608 meaning the stand is $144.

It looks like a nice well built made in USA stand. Did anyone fine it useful while building a cabinet or am I better of just doing the whole thing from scratch. Unfortunately both time and money are always precious so trying to weight the pros and cons.

Similarly, has anyone bought the cleansweep box for $90? Is it any better then a home made box?

Thanks for any advice.

I bought the 24x36 top with the LS17 super system and the cleansweep box. I opted to build a wheeled cabinet instead of the Incra stand and I'll make drawers for the one side eventually. The cabinet was just a Saturday afternoon job and I prefer it to the premade stand.
    I don't see where the cleansweep box is much better if any than a home built but it was quick and easy to assemble.

i have the stand. It's fine. You still have to purchase plywood panels if you want to enclose it, but the stand is slotted to accept the panels. It's fine but not necessary.

I got an Inca Twin Linear router table--Hitachi 3 1/4 hp router included--(package #1 on the Woodpeckers website, older blue color) at an estate sale just yesterday and the PO had enclosed the frame with ply and created a "cleansweep" by boxing in the router assembly. There is room for drawers top to bottom on half the cart and a single drawer under the router housing. The cart has wheels so it's a stand that can move. I think you could build a cabinet easily enough but the metal frame is solid and stable--likely the ply has a lot to do with that--and overall it seems like a very good unit. I haven't used a router table before--been looking for a "deal" for a while-- so I was delighted to score on this one. The twin fence system appears sophisticated and will be fun to figure out. If anyone has the DVDs that came with the system I'd love to get a copy. No manuals came with the purchase, not that I read instructions often. Any suggestions on how to set up and use, etc., please let me know.

I think buying the stand(got wheels??), infilling with ply, enclose for the cleansweep, and making drawers for storage would be a good way to go. Good luck.

I have an Incra table mounted in my TS with the wonder system and the Clean Sweep box. It's a really great system and you will love it for the DC. It leaves almost nothing on the table, unless you are free handing from the peg, then you will get some dust left. I do not know anything to tell you about the stand alone table but everything I have tried from Incra has always worked great.
    Earl

I have the cleansweep and it works very well.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm leaning towards making my own cabinet since itt really shouldn't take long at all to make the carcass. The drawers and doors can wait awhile. The cleansweep does sound like it might be worth the money.

I have a clean sweep as well but have yet to install it. For those who have, does it work well with the solid top rings? I know Incra sells the rings with slots cut in them for better dust collection but I have a Kreg router table so said rings won't fit.

I have both the stand and the clean sweep box and will try to properly load the pictures. The stand makes fabricating the box very easy. The box allows for great suction.

Front.jpg Front Down.jpg Dust Shute.jpg

Looks nice Rich. Is that the 27x43 table with the LS 17 fence?

I bought the LS25 setup a few years ago thinking bigger was better. I used it with a lift mounted in a Benchdog extension wing in my Unisaw. In the back of my head I wanted to buy the matching table top, stand, etc. I bought the works last year with the Incra version of the Jessem Mast-R-Lift II along with the Cleansweep setup. The table top, stand and wheel kit are nice items. I added sides, back and bottom in 1/2 MDF. This has a significant increase in the stability and feel of the overall assembly. I plan to make a cabinet to slip inside to hold router bits and whatnot. The Cleansweep box is nice enough I suppose. I'm not really excited about the dust collector connection being on the bottom when it easily could be on the side. The result is space required at the bottom for the hose and most likely a 90 to make the connection. I plan to make a box to enclose the router like I did on the extension wing router setup. I use several router lifts in my shop, so I'm sure I'll put the Cleansweep box to good use somewhere.