Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a new dishwasher. Looking for reviews

We have a Bosch and love it. Extremely quiet.

Another vote for Bosch.

New ones, on average, even very expensive ones. are pretty unsatisfactory. They take forever to run a cycle and too many key parts are breakable plastic. Mostly they don't work as well as old ones.

Before going down that road I'd clean the chopper filter down in the sump. You have to disassemble pretty far to get there, there are good youtube videos showing it. I just did mine, removing toothpicks, plastic twist-ties, a bottlecap, and a few other unidentifiable plastic items and the performance of the machine improved very dramatically. Why they hide an item that needs to be cleaned so deep in the machine, requiring two different oddball screwdrivers (two sizes of torx) to disassemble, is a mystery. This is a filter screen that comes after the big visible filter right below the spinning arm, it's the final block to keep too big stuff out of the chopper. The chopper screen on mine was also 70% occluded.

Blog Entries
    We have a new Bosch and love it.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I to have a new Bosch and it is the best dishwasher I have ever owned. Very quiet and cleans great.
    Last edited by Gordon Eyre; 05-04-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morey St. Denis View Post
    Best suggestion is to insist that your candidate new dishwasher have a stainless steel interior liner,
    I agree with this! For whatever reason, they are much quieter than plastic interiors.

Replaced our Kitchen Aid with a Bosch three or four years ago. Bosch has a little bit smaller interior but other than that it is much better than Kitchen Aid. Quieter, washes dishes better and the Kitchen Aid didn't last very long about 5 years. Since the dishwasher is one of the most used appliances in the house, I wanted a good one and found it in Bosch. Definitely would recommend Bosch over Kitchen Aid.

I have a 63 year old one that I would never trade in. She loves doing the dishes

Bosch - just make sure you get a model with the illuminated panel on the front so you know when it is running. Our 7 yr old Bosch is ridiculously quiet.

Another happy Bosch owner!

Hands Down BOSCH!!!!
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Replaced a Kitchenaid with a Siemens. It is so quiet I opened it once or twice when it was running.
    We've had it several years and no problems.....still quiet and still cleaning great!

Jim

I'd avoid Samsung. The new one we have at the office here has been broken for more days than it has worked in the past year. Warrantied service technicians are in absolutely no rush to fix anything.

Could also look around the Gardenweb Appliances Forum for recommendations:
    Code:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/appl

We have a Kitchen-Aid and have had it for 18 years still works great. Probably not as quiet as the new ones. We chose Kitchen-Aid because the racks were wide open. The water for the upper rack comes out of the back of the machine. No question we could load more dishes per load in this than any other we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    We bought a Bosch last month to replace our old Bosch, works great and is so quiet they had to put a light on it so you know it's running.
    Identical situation with us!